Part 1: Make Marketing Value Decisions
Strategic Market Planning:
Take the Big Picture
I. CHAPTER OVERVIEW
The title of Chapter 2 implies that businesses need to plan for a wide amount of factors in the
marketplace in order to be successful and
1.What is the decision facing state farm
The firm has begun a project known as state farm Drive safe $ save program. The program
involves the installation of regulatory devices (big data) in the drivers car that monitors,
analyzes, and records the drivin
31) There is a total of _ different types of SBUs represented within the BCG growthmarket share matrix.
Diff: 2 Page Ref: 50
Objective: 2-2 Strategic planning
32) According to the BCG growth-
141) When analyzing its portfolio of businesses with the Boston Consulting Group model,
Disney views its movie brand as a star. What does this mean?
Answer: A star SBU means that Disney's movies have a dominant market share in a high-growth
51) A firm's _ is the market segment a firm selects because the firm's management
believes the firm's offerings are most suited to winning those customers.
A) target market
B) business portfolio
E) marketing control
Diff: 1 Page R
101) Business planning is a process of making decisions that guide the firm in both the short and
the long term.
Diff: 1 Page Ref: 41
Objective: 2-1 Business planning
102) The marketing planning process should be completed befo
11) Strategic planning for a firm such as Disney with several SBUs probably occurs _.
A) only in its corporate headquarters
B) only at the individual business unit level
C) at both the overall corporate level and at the individual SBU level
D) as needed b