Concepts and Practices
Positioning involves those decisions and activities
intended to create and maintain a certain concept
of the firms product in the customers mind
Chapter 3 Review Questions
1. List the three prescriptions that serve as the foundation for development of a relationship
Maintain High Ethical Standards
Project Professional Image
Manage the Relationship Process
Chapter 1 Review Questions
1. Explain how personal selling can help solve the problem of information overload.
When a salesperson presents a prospective customer with adequate information, there
should not be information overl
Chapter 2 Review Questions
1. Why is peddling or pushing products inconsistent with the marketing concept?
Peddling consists of memorizing a script and selling until the law of averages produces
your required sales quota. Toda
Chapter 7 Review Questions
1. Product differentiation is important to separate yourself from your competition and retain a
2. Products are problem solving tools customers want efficiency of the benefits and qu
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. Provide a brief description of the term product strategy.
Product strategy is a well-conceived plan that emphasizes becoming a product expert,
selling specific benefits, and configuring value-adde
Chapter 8 Review Questions
1. According to the Strategic/Consultative Selling Model, what are the three prescriptions for
development of a successful customer strategy?
Understand the buying process
Understand buyer behavior
Chapter 10 Review Questions
1. What is the purpose of the pre-approach? What are the two prescriptions included in the preapproach?
The purpose of the pre-approach is the key step in preparing for each sales presentation.