I. Which do you think is more important to team performance, surfacelevel, or deep-level diversity? Why?
For me, I think that when it comes to team performance - deep-level diversity, the
individual differences that cannot be seen directly, including
1. What individual differences do you feel are most important to
The individual differences I feel are most important to organizations are the age, gender,
and experiential personality traits. In this, I feel that these are the most im
The following questions are part of the Chapter 4 Discussion Performance:
I. If an employee of yours had low self-efficacy toward a work task that
you felt she or he should be able to do, what would you do?
If an employee of my own had low self-efficacy (
1. What power(s) does your instructor have?
When it comes to the powers my instructor has, we can see this in all the forms of
power, from legitimate and expert to reward and persuasive. This can be seen in the
ability to be distinguished by DMACC in term
1. When do you feel that you are more likely to make decisions rationally
instead of emotionally? Why?
In this regard, I feel that I am more likely to make decisions rationally instead of
emotionally when there is a goal or objective at stake, rather than
1. Do terminal or instrumental values have a larger influence on your
behavior at work? Explain.
When we look at this question in the sight of whether terminal or instrumental values
have a larger influence on your behavior at work, where terminal values
In response to the following assignment, there are seven (7) discussion
questions in the ending of Chapter 1: "What is Organizational Behavior?"
To answer them, I have written them in Question/Answer Format on the
1. In the opening r
1. How do you think your career path might differ in a hierarchical versus
I think my career path might differ in a hierarchical versus a flat organization, because in
a hierarchical my aim would be increasing my authority and power ove
1. What are your preferred methods of receiving information? Does your answer
differ depending on the type of information being sent?
My preferred methods of receiving information are by personal face-to-face
communication, both non-verbal and verbal mess
1. Describe a time when you were unfairly treated at work. Why did you
This question asks to describe a time when I was treated unfairly at work. In this, I've
been treated unfairly at work at my job at On The Border, where in retrosp
1. Have you ever experienced a constructive conflict? What happened?
How was the disagreement resolved?
I have experienced a constructive conflict before. This dealt with my coworkers in my
research department, where we had a dispute as to how the program
1. Financial management deals with two activities: raising money and managing a companys finances
in a way that achieves the highest rate of return.
2. Profitability, liquidity, efficiency, and stability are the four main financial objectives of a firm.
For every business that has decided to manage their own website and online
sales instead of having a contract with a company do it for them, the business
owners need to take into consideration the convenience of the website and
Status symbol products are the luxury goods that are meant to signify owners high social and economic
standing or at least association with the upper classes in the society. Few ads for the status symbol
1. Jaguar XJ
2. Top of the line clothing,
What is the decision facing Electrolux?
Electrolux is faced with consumer perception on high price. Their vacuum costs seven hundred dollars
and customers dont want to pay that much for a vacuum. Especially since Dyson is known to be of high
What is the decision facing Subaru?
The primary dilemma which is faced by Subaru is regarding the companys marketing strategy. Subaru is
planning to spread in regions apart from its present regions of operation and the company now wants to
expand its busi
11) Strategic planning for a firm such as Disney with several SBUs probably occurs _.
A) only in its corporate headquarters
B) only at the individual business unit level
C) at both the overall corporate level and at the individual SBU level
D) as needed b
101) Business planning is a process of making decisions that guide the firm in both the short and
the long term.
Diff: 1 Page Ref: 41
Objective: 2-1 Business planning
102) The marketing planning process should be completed befo
51) A firm's _ is the market segment a firm selects because the firm's management
believes the firm's offerings are most suited to winning those customers.
A) target market
B) business portfolio
E) marketing control
Diff: 1 Page R
141) When analyzing its portfolio of businesses with the Boston Consulting Group model,
Disney views its movie brand as a star. What does this mean?
Answer: A star SBU means that Disney's movies have a dominant market share in a high-growth
31) There is a total of _ different types of SBUs represented within the BCG growthmarket share matrix.
Diff: 2 Page Ref: 50
Objective: 2-2 Strategic planning
32) According to the BCG growth-
1.What is the decision facing state farm
The firm has begun a project known as state farm Drive safe $ save program. The program
involves the installation of regulatory devices (big data) in the drivers car that monitors,
analyzes, and records the drivin
Part 1: Make Marketing Value Decisions
Strategic Market Planning:
Take the Big Picture
I. CHAPTER OVERVIEW
The title of Chapter 2 implies that businesses need to plan for a wide amount of factors in the
marketplace in order to be successful and
1. If Burger Heaven did not fly the second banner and McElfresh was to finish the swim in one day the
contract would be Unilateral because the promise was $5000 for the act of swimming from beach to
2. This was an executory
1. False State courts can have exclusive jurisdiction over some matters.
4. False Max doesnt have standing to sue because he is not the injured party.
7. False. The federal court is superior in certain cases depending what
BUSINESS LAW I
BUS 185 ONLINE, CRN 25117
15 WEEK WW2 Section January 11 May 5, 2016
All exams, quizzes, assignments, & threaded discussions are done online in
Blackboard at https:/secure.dmacc.edu/myonlinelearning/login.aspx
Randomly selected from a list of citizens who are licensed to drive and registered in Iowa.
Judicial magistrates, associate juvenile, associate probate, district associate, and district court judge.
1. How many Justices are on the current court?
There are 9 Justices on the current court.
2. Who is the current Chief Justice?
The current Chief Justice is John G. Roberts, Jr.
3. Name the three women on the current court?
The three women on the current c
Cody Metzker-Madsen Case
In this case Cody Metzker-Madsen murdered his 5-year-old brother, a judge
tried the case over a jury in which the verdict was found not guilty by insanity. The
reason that the insanity defense was successful in this case was becau
1. Define academic dishonesty and explain why integrity in an online course is important.
Academic dishonesty is copying anyones writing or work and trying to use it as you
own. Integrity is important in an online course so you arent tempted to use others