LAB 31 Questions:
1. How would you describe this flower?
The flower we studied was a Chinese rose (Hibuscus) flower, which looks like
it grows in tropical areas due to the bright color of the flower. The petals are
LAB 38 Survey of the Animal Kingdom:
Phyla Mollusca and Annelida
1. A) What is the texture of the mantle of Anodonta?
Soft and fleshy.
C) In what ways would having a shell contribute to the survival and
reproductive success of
LAB 37 Questions: Survey of the Animal Kingdom
Phyla Platyhelminthes and Nematoda
1. A. What features of Dugesia distinguish its head from its tail?
Dugesia is also known as planaria. The head has the eye spots that are used
LAB 36 Questions: Survey of the Animal Kingdom
Phyla Porifera and Cnidaria
1. Do any features of Grantia clearly distinguish this organism as an
animal? If so, which ones?
Grantia is a common tubular sponge with a folded body w
Community Ecology Chapter 54
A community is an interaction between individuals of different species at a place living close enough to have
potential interactions. A Habitat is the place where the community lives.
1. Interspecific interactions are between
Reproductive System and Embryonic Development
A population outlives its members only by reproduction, the generation of new individuals from
Sexual reproduction involves fusion of nonflagellated large egg
Ecosystem Ecology Chapter 55
1. Ecosystem is the interaction of living component community with its nonliving surroundings the
2. Ecosystem Dynamics: Trophic relationships in an ecosystem determine the routes of energy
flow and chemical cycling.
Conservation Biology and Global Change Chap56
1. Pollution is mostly addition of chemicals by human activity to air, water and soil of earth that is
harmful to the living things including humans. Major cause is global industrialization and use of