Chapter One: Understanding College Culture and Your Campus
Transition- change, modification
The degree programs at community colleges are shorter than at universities,
usually requiring one-two years. But you may need to take more time to
complete a degre
January 31, 2016
Chapter 4 Notes
Chapter 4: Reading, Listening, and Note Taking
1. Provide you with basic information
2. Improves your understanding of others and the world around you
24 April 2016
Title: Chapter 7 Notes
1. Visit your advisor regularly to keep on track.
2. Be aware of the different certifications and degrees offered at your college.
3. Talk to your advisor before getting a cer
SLS 1501- 0I2
January 23, 2016
Unit 1: Chapter 1 Notes: Homework Assignment
Higher Education, Higher Expectations (pg. 60)
Degrees usually take one or two years to acquire at community colleges.
*(Table 1) Attendance varies dependin
February 10, 2016
Chapter 3 Notes: Mind Mapping
3 Ss: Supplies, Space and Same time.
Keep your space clean and organized.
Supplies for Success
Use cell phones or calendars to keep track of impor
10 April 2016
Chapter 2 Notes
1. Students should have learned who they are at an early age? Every person has aspirations,
goals, and sense of purpose so why is this something people have trouble with?
2. Know you
28 February 2016
Title: Transposed Annotated Notes for Chapter 5
Who knew studying helps you learn
Why do you need six stages to learn something? Just do it.
The stages are common sense?
Apparently I have a growt
February 7, 2016
Appendix B Notes: Homework
Appendix: Plagiarism Guide
a. What Is It?
1) Plagiarism is the act of using someone elses words, images, and idea without
properly and accurately acknowledging them.