Problem Set 6 Influence Lines and Approximate Analysis (27 points + 3 points presentation/legibility)
Due Oct 26 (change from syllabus)
1. (6 points) Do Problem 6-11 in your Hibbeler Text. See additional parts d, e, and f.
a. b. and c as directed
Problem Set 4 Internal Shear and Moment (27 points + 3 points presentation)
Due Sep 16th
1. (10 points) Do problem 4-5 in your Hibbeler Text (7th Edition).
2. (20 points) Do problem 4-54 in your Hibbeler Text (7th Edition). Label all segments of
Problem Set 3 Determinate Truss Analysis (27 points + 3 points presentation/legibility)
Due Sep 9
1. (6 points) Do problem 3-1 in your Hibbeler Text. Follow directions as given.
2. (7 points) Do problem 3-9 in your Hibbeler Text. Follow direction
Problem Set 2 Loads (27 points + 3 points for presentation/legibility)
Due Sep 2nd
1. (15 points) The building shown below is used for agricultural purposes and is located near San Antonio, Texas
on flat open terrain with scattered obstructions.
Problem Set 1 Determinate Analysis (27 points + 3 points for presentation/legibility)
Due August 26th
This is graded homework. Include a problem statement with each problem. Put your name, course
number, and page number at the top of each page.
As the structural engineering team for Messrs. Olin & Pratt, we were assigned the design of
the main structural frame and structural roofing system for the new retail store in Akron, Ohio.
Our team will design:
One roof bar joist (roof truss
This structure was designed for the following loads: dead load, roof load, snow load, and
wind load. Rain load was considered but not taken into account.
The dead load was calculated for a liquid applied roof membrane, fiberboard roof insu