Problem Set 2 Loads (27 points + 3 points for presentation/legibility)
Due Sep 2nd
1. (15 points) The building shown below is used for agricultural purposes and is located near San Antonio, Texas
on flat open terrain with scattered obstructions.
Problem Set 4 Internal Shear and Moment (27 points + 3 points presentation)
Due Sep 16th
1. (10 points) Do problem 4-5 in your Hibbeler Text (7th Edition).
2. (20 points) Do problem 4-54 in your Hibbeler Text (7th Edition). Label all segments of
CVE 3015-Exam 2 Review
CVE 3015 Structural Analysis
Review for Exam 2
List of Topics
1. Cable and arches
a. Cables subject to concentrated loads
Treat the cable as trusses
b. Cable subjected to distributed load
Uniform horizontal load will
REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES
Time Limit: 5 minutes
Problem 1: (4) What are the two uncertainties structural engineer faced when designing a
Problem 2: (4) List two methods struc
STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
Time Limit: 5 minutes
Problem 1: (3) Determine the tributary area or effective area of the column C2 for the building
AT = 7.5 ft 20 ft = 150 ft2
A 15 ft
Problem Set 6 Influence Lines and Approximate Analysis (27 points + 3 points presentation/legibility)
Due Oct 26 (change from syllabus)
1. (6 points) Do Problem 6-11 in your Hibbeler Text. See additional parts d, e, and f.
a. b. and c as directed
This structure was designed for the following loads: dead load, roof load, snow load, and
wind load. Rain load was considered but not taken into account.
The dead load was calculated for a liquid applied roof membrane, fiberboard roof insu
As the structural engineering team for Messrs. Olin & Pratt, we were assigned the design of
the main structural frame and structural roofing system for the new retail store in Akron, Ohio.
Our team will design:
One roof bar joist (roof truss
Problem Set 1 Determinate Analysis (27 points + 3 points for presentation/legibility)
Due August 26th
This is graded homework. Include a problem statement with each problem. Put your name, course
number, and page number at the top of each page.
Problem Set 3 Determinate Truss Analysis (27 points + 3 points presentation/legibility)
Due Sep 9
1. (6 points) Do problem 3-1 in your Hibbeler Text. Follow directions as given.
2. (7 points) Do problem 3-9 in your Hibbeler Text. Follow direction
CVE 3015 Test 2
November 14, 2012
1. Begin work when directed. You will have 75 minutes to complete this test.
2. Place your name and hour on the cover sheet and on each page of the test. Ensure that you
have a complete test wit