Intro space systems, homework 1
1. Search on the internet for an article on space. Send me the link.
2. This problem is to demonstrate homework Rule number 7.
The asteroid Ceres is in an orbit about the sun at a mean distance of 414 x 106
km. It takes 4.6
Intro space systems, homework 2
1. a) How does Atomic oxygen differ from molecular oxygen?
b) Why does it damage material?
c) How is it produced in the atmosphere?
d) Why is it more prevalent at higher altitudes?
2. How much energy, in Joules, is delivere
Intro Homework 3
1. Calculate how much gravity, referenced to surface gravity of 9.8 m/s2 , at the
following altitudes, what is the value? In other words it should be x.y m/s2
a) At 200 km and
b) 35786 km (GEO). Note, the radius of the Earth is 6378 km.
SPACEPORT GRADUATE CENTER
FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Introduction to Space Systems, SPC 5001
Fall Semester 2015
INSTRUCTOR: Jeff Mitchell email@example.com phone 321-223-0740.
CLASS HOURS: Mondays at the Center for Space Education/AMF building at the