1) In 32-bit mode, aside from the stack pointer (ESP), what other register points to variables on
SS known also as stacks segmentation is also stack pointer.
3) Which flag is set when the result of an unsigned arithmetic operation is too large
public class ExampleProgram cfw_
1: invokespecial #1
/loads the program
/ Method java/lang/Object."<init>":()V /executes the method
/ends the compiling
public static void main(java.lang.String);
12.6.1 Short Answer
1. 1101.01101 = 13/1 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/32
2. 0.2 generates an infinitely repeating bit pattern.
3. 11011.01011 = 1.101101011 X 2
4. 0000100111101.1 = 1.001111011 X 2
5. Quiet NaN and Signaling NaN
6. REAL10 80 bits
7. It p
10.7.1 Short Answer
1. Structures are essential whenever you need to pass a large amount of data between procedures. One
variable can be used to hold all the data.
4. To permit the use
7.9.2 Algorithm Workbench
1. Code example:
2. Code example:
shr al,1 ; shift AL into Carry flag
jnc next ; Carry flag set?
or al,80h ; yes: set highest bit
next: ; no: do nothing
3. shl eax,4
4. shr ebx,2
5. ror dl,4 (or: rol dl,4)
9.9.1 Short Answer
1. 1 (set)
2. 2 is added to the index register
3. Regardless of which operands are used, CMPS still compares the contents of memory pointed to by
ESI to the memory pointed to by EDI.
4. 1 byte beyond the matching character.
5.8.1 Short Answer
4. Because you might not want to push all the general-purpose registers when eax is being used to pass a
return value back to the subroutine's caller.
5. Code example (32-bit mode):
4.9.1 Short Answer
1. a. edx = FFFF8002h b. edx = 00004321h
2. eax = 10020000h
3. eax = 3002FFFFh
4. eax = 10020001h
5. Parity Even (1)
6. eax = FFFFFFFFh, SF = 1 (the result is negative)
7. 1 + 130 = 129, which is outside the range of a signed
Big-endian and little-endian derive from Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels in which the Big Endians were a political
faction that broke their eggs at the large end ("the primitive way") and rebelled against the Lilliputian King who required
8.10.1 Short Answer
1. Code example:
3. It passes an integer constant to the RET instruction. This constant is added to the stack pointer right
after the RET instruction has popped the procedures return address off the