Study Questions, Similar but not the same as in book
Disseminating Information within the NAS
1. IFR En Route High Altitude Charts are used for
Designed for navigation at or above 18,000 feet MSL; includes the jet route structure; VHF NAVA
1. Navigation based on the required position accuracy of the aircraft equipment is referred
to as _?
p. 4-1. Performance Based Navigation (PBN) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP)
2. Where does the DME
Chapter 7 Study Questions
1. Under what conditions and situations is an IFR flight plan required under 14CFR 91? In
VMC? In IMC? In controlled airspace (A, B, C, D, E)? In uncontrolled airspace (G)?
a) in controlled airspace when the weather conditions le
Chapter 3 Communications in the NAS Study Questions
What is the single, most important thing in pilot- controller communication? Understanding each other
What is the purpose of: ATIS relieve frequency congestion
Which information is included in ATIS? Airp
Chapter 5 Disseminating Information within the NAS Study Questions
1. From what source can a pilot obtain the latest FDC NOTAM's? AFSS/FSS
2. What is the purpose of FDC NOTAMs? To advise of changes in flight data which affect instrument
Chapter 9 IFR Procedures Study Questions
The questions on Procedures are based on using the information we have been studying earlier in the
course. Many of the questions are based on reading the information off charts and out of the A/FD.
1. What is the
STUDY QUESTIONS CHAPTER 8
1. What are the purposes of standard airport markings? To provide pilots with useful info
during taxing takeoff and landings.
2. What is the difference between airport signage and markings? Markings are painted on
the airports su
Air Traffic Control
1. Where is ATCSCC located?
2. For each ATC facility, what are the limits of the airspace that it controls?
ARTCC: FL600 drawn to the underlying airspace
TRA C ON: CLASS B or C and the surroundi
Introduction to the National Airspace System
Who are the users of the NAS?
Airlines (air carriers), military. and general aviation.
What are the major components of the NAS?
Airports, ATCfacilities. communica
1. What is the maximum indicated airspeed permitted within 4 NM of the primary airport within Class C
or D airspace?
p. 6-6 and 6-7. 200kts
2. What is the speed limit in Class B airspace?
p. 6-4. 250 kts
3. What is the s