Hardball with Chris Matthews
Chris Matthews invited Representative John Larson of Connecticut to discuss the
final countdown to the health care package. After showing films of former presidents,
such as Roosevelt, Nixon, a
The show opened with the issue of Tiger Woods infidelity address apology.
During the address, Woods apologized for his selfish behavior and confirmed that he will
receive treatment. He is not sure when he will retur
Meet the Press with David Gregory
Vice President Joe Biden, Representative Aaron Schock, political commentator
Rachel Maddow, journalist David Brooks, and former Representative Harold Ford, Jr.
served as guests on Meet the
The Presidents State of the Union Address
In his State of the Union Address, President Obama discussed issues ranging from
war to the economy and the unemployment rate. Obama made clear that he inherited this
The OReilly Factor
The main topic on the OReilly Factor was labeled Fury on the Far-Left. Bill
OReilly showed clips from the weekend of people from the far-left making extreme
comments. He showed a clip of Bill Maher making a sa
Additional Economic Policy Terms
1. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) - the budgeting arm of the Executive
Office; prepares the presidents budget.
2. Tax committees the two committees of Congress responsible for raising the
revenue with which to run t
Economic Policy / Terms
1. Economic depression a period of high unemployment and business failures; a
severe long-lasting downturn in a business cycle.
2. Inflation an economic characterized by price increases linked to a decrease in the
value of the curr
Order and Civil Liberties Court Cases
1. Lemon v. Kurtzman (1971): the Court struck down a state program that would help pay
teachers hired by parochial schools to give instruction to secular subjects. This court
cases created a three-pronged test to dete
1. Public policy is a general plan of action adopted by the government to solve a
social problem, counter a threat, or pursue an objective. The four approaches used
to solve problems include prohibition, protection, promotion, and provision.
Ch. 14: The Courts, Essential Questions
1. The judiciary interprets the law set by the Constitution and applies them on state
and national levels. Judicial review grants the judicial branch the power to declare
government acts invalid if they violate the