Chapter 14 Section 2
1. Mombasa- A city in southeastern Kenya, located on a small coastal
2. Malindi- hubs of international trade
3. Plantations- large estates run by an owner or an owners overseer
4. Alfonso I- ruler of Kongo in west-ce
Chapter 14 Section 1
1. Moluccas- an island chain in present-day Indonesia; was the center of
the spices in the 1500s and 1600s.
2. Prince Henry- led the way in sponsoring exploration for Portugal.
3. Cartographers- mapmaker
4. Vasco da Gama- a
Chapter 14 Section 3
1. Afonso de Albuquerque- commander of the Portuguese
2. Mughal empire- Muslim empire that ruled most of northern India
from the mid-1500s to the mid-1700s; also known as the Mogul or