1. T OR F:
The establishment of the United Nations met far more opposition in the US Senate than had
been encountered by the League of Nations several decades earlier:
a. False; the Senate ratified the UN charter by a wide margin, in sharp cont
Practice quiz questions
Which of the following was true about political activity in the South after the Compromise of 1877?
Souther class largely consisted of merchants interested in economic development
Southern state governments were redeemed b
President Wilson's decision to acquire the Panama Canal could be considered controversial.
If your last name begins with A-L discuss why going after the Canal was a mistake and was
handled badly. If your last names begins with M-Z discuss why the acquisit
A Philip Randolph 635
Battle of the Bulge 645
Last major battle on the western front; German forces struck along 50 miles of the front in
Ardennes Forest, drove toward Antwerp, and were finally stopped at Bastogne
Colossus II - 63
Chapter 21 Notes
1. What were the most important events that led up to the US declaring war on Germany?
2. How did US participation in the Great War affect the nations economy & society both during
war & after the conflict?
3. Why did the Great War fail t
Chapter 22 Notes
1. How did the technological innovations of the early twentieth century affect industry &
American social life of the 1920s?
2. What were some of the cultural conflicts of the 1920s and what caused them?
3. Is the term new Era a fitting d
Chapter 24 Notes
Agricultural Adjustment Act:
Congress passed AAA in May 1933
Required producers of 7 basic agricultural commodities( Wheat, cotton, corn, hogs, rice, tobacco,
dairy) to limit their production
Told individual farmers how much they should p
Chapter 20 Notes
1. What role did women & womens organizations play in the reforms of the progressive era? How
did progressive era reforms affect women?
2. What changes to politics & government did progressive reformers advocate at the local, state, &
Chapter 19 Notes
1. What were the major social & economic problems that beset the U.S. in the late 19 th century,
and how did the two major political parties respond to these problems?
2. What was Populism, what were its goals, and to what degree were the
Chapter 23 Notes The Great Depression
1. What were some of the causes of the Great Depression? What made it so servere, and why did it
last so long?
2. What was the impact of the Depression on farmers, minorities, and women?
3. How did President Hoover &
Armory show 448
Ashcan school 448
City beautiful movement 434
Coney Island 446
Jacob Riis 436
Kate Chopin 448 wrote novel about a woman abandoning her family in 1899 to seek personal
Chapter 16 Notes
Pueblo Goodnight-Loving Trail
Dodge City Western Trail
Sedalia Sedalia & Baxter Springs Trail
The Concentration Policy:
Assigned each tribe its own defined reservation
Confirmed these reservations by tr
1. Growing up during segregation, can you recall an early
incident when you recognized a difference of treatment on
account of color?
2. Do you remember friends or individuals in your community
being discriminated against under legal s
Oral History Project
The person whom I am interviewing is my grandfather, Ken Roberts. Ken was born in
1940 and grew up during the Civil Rights era of Martin Luther King Jr. I am going to be
interviewing Ken about his experience growi