MAC1105 Exam 1 Review
Simplifying rational expressions
1. Factor and simplify numerator and denominator SEPARATELY before working with numerator and
2. Remove common factors (look for 1s) from numerator and denominator. Do NOT remove
1. A rectangle is created by increasing the length of one side of a square (and its opposite side) by
2 in. The area of the rectangle is 35 in2. What was the area of the square?
2. The width of a rectangle is 4 feet less than its length. The area of the r
MAC1105 Exam 2 Review
1. Other than linear inequalities, do NOT solve directly.
2. Solve the associated equality (equation) and then use number line analysis (boundary/cut points and test
points) to find the solution set for the inequality.
MAC1105 Exam 3 Review
Miscellaneous function stuff
1. An even function is a function where () = ().
a. The graph is symmetric with respect to the y-axis.
b. Polynomial functions with only even exponents are even functions.
c. There are other even function
1. Write the rule
Proceeds by order of operations.
Identify the base function
2. Construct the actions from the rule
Actions preceding the base are horizontal and work backwards from the way you
think they work.
Actions following t