Ch.1 problem set 1.2
4. To use the wireless network in the airport you must pay
the daily fee unless you are a subscriber to the service.
Express your answer in terms of w: You can use the wireless
network in the airport, d: You pay the
36. When does s = s, where s is a compound proposition? s is never equal to s
38. Show that the logical equivalences in Table 6, except for the double negation law, come in pairs, where each pair
contains compound propositions
Professor: Pamela Wiese
Ediberto Cruz Cruz
January 24, 2015
2. Which of these are propositions?What are the truth values
of those that are propositions?
a) Do not pass go.
b) What time is it?
c) There are no black flies in Maine.
There are flies in M
Ch.1.3 problem set 1.2
2. Show that (p) and p are logically equivalent.
(p) p Double negation law
4. Use truth tables to verify the associative laws
(p q) r p (q r) Associative laws
(p q) r p (q r)
(p q) r p (q r).