03.08 lab project
Your first lab link can be found at The Courts in a Nutshell.
Instructions: Follow the instructions on each page to find the answer to the question listed on the
bottom of the page. Write down your answers to the questio
14.1 Human Chromosomes
If you had to pick an ideal organism for the study of genetics, would you
choose one that produced lots of offspring, was easy to grow in the lab, and
had a short life span that allowed you to do several crosses per month?
Why? Or W
1. What role do you think discipline plays in developing a childs self-esteem? What forms of
discipline best serve the self-esteem of the child or adolescent? I think that discipline is not a
huge thing in developing a child's self-esteem
Your first lab link can be found at What Makes a Good Parent? A written transcript is also available for
1. What makes a good parent according to Dr. Tanya Byron? A person that doesnt worry to much
about being a go
11-1 The Work of Gregor
Q: Where does an organism get its
Genetics- the scientific study of
Gregor Mendels Peas
Fertilization- produces new cells
with male & female
1. self-pollination (same plant)
1. What are the differences between being a biological parent, an adoptive
parent, and a foster parent? The difference is that the biological parent
gets there own child that they made. The adoptive parent takes in a chil
1. Write the title of the text you have analyzed here:
"when i was fair and young" by Elizabeth I
2. List at least three examples of diction in the text that add to the overall tone. Explain how each
word contributes to the emotional power of the piece.
Your first lab link can be found at Tempering Tantrums. A written transcript is also available for this lab.
1. How can parents avoid temper tantrums? They should learn the A, B, and Cs.
2. What are the A, B, Cs?
A- Attribute ( self control or compassion
5.1 How Populations Grow
How do ecologists study populations?
What factors affect population growth?
3) What happens during exponential growth? Logistic
THINK ABOUT IT
In the 1950s, a fish farmer in
Florida tossed a
1. What are the different parenting styles used by families? Which do you
think is better? Why? There are three different styles to parenting which
are authoritarian style, the permissive style, or the democratic style. The
1. In what areas do children and adolescents define their self-esteem? They determine on
wheatear its high or low self-esteem. It also is on what your self worth is and our
2. What can a parent do, in the
1. Do you think positive parenting techniques work? Why or why not? I think that some positive
parenting techniques work. I dont think that it will all work on all children because all children
are different and the way they were brought up is different.
What is positive parenting? Positive parenting is a way to motivate good behavior
guidelines and rules, good communication, rewarding and modeling good behavior, and
promoting healthy self-esteem in children.
What is discipline? How does
Your first lab link can be found at 5 Dangerous Things you should let your kids do. A written transcript is
also available for this lab.
1. Do you agree with Gever Tulley that the increasing safety regulations for children are limiting
Your first lab link can be found at Positive Parenting: Get Past Teen Stereotypes. A written transcript is
also available for this lab.
1. Why do teens lie according to the teens in the video? According to the teens in this video teens
lie because there p
Your first lab link can be found at Learn About Positive Parenting. A written transcript is also available for
1. How is positive parenting different from negative parenting? Which do you think is more
effective? Why? Positive parenting is diffe
1. The subject of child day care is a controversial one. List different childcare options
available to families. What form of childcare do you think will be the most beneficial for
your family? Discuss the pros and cons of each option. There are three dif
02.09 Lab Project
Your first lab link can be found at Supreme Interpreters.
1. Which school supplies do you think are necessary? Explain why.
School supplies is a necessary because if you dont have those things how are you going to learn.
It seemed incredibly gloomy around the castle. As Pluto walled around lonely he realizes
that his life is empty. He has immense wealth and everything physical he could ask for physically
but no one to experience it with.
03.03 Your Super Spot.
Write 4-6 complete sentences describing the personality, talents, and passions that make up your unique
Super Spot. Complete and submit your assignment to 03.03 Your Super Spot.
my personality is mellow I dont like
1. Explain the different forms of child abuse? Include Shaken Baby Syndrome in your response.
There are four different types of abuse: Physical abuse, Emotional abuse, Sexual abuse, and
Neglect. The difference between this four are physic
P348 Write 3 connections
about this diagram.
12-2 The Structure of DNA
The Components of DNA
Q: What are the
A: DNA is a nucleic acid
made up of nucleotides
joined into long strands
or chains by covalent