YO PREFIERO ESTUDIAR CON SOLA PORQUE ES INTERESANTE.
YO PREFIERO HACER EJERCICIO CON MIS
AMIGAS PORQUE SON ATLTICA.
YO PREFIERO SALIR CON MI NOVIO PORQUE
NO PREFIERO LAVAR LOS PLATOS PORQUE ES ASQUEROSO.
Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection
What is Evolution?
Evolution is the change in the genetic makeup of
a population of species over time
The genetic changes of evolution do not happen in
just a few generations. The part of the defini
ELA 4: Separation Performance Task: ELA 4
Separation Performance Task
1. Student Tasks Part I and II
2. Tasks Specifications and Scoring Rubrics
Student Task Part I: Using Documents (70 Minutes)
Students examine and take notes on the documents t
Virtual Lab: Enzyme Controlled Reactions
1. Which of the following does NOT apply to an enzyme:
d. All of the above apply to an enzyme
2. When an enzyme catalyzes a reaction:
a. Substrate(s) bind in the active
Stem-Changing Verbs Practice (Schoology)
Nombre: _ Clase: _ Fecha: _
Fill in the correct form of the present indicative.
1. Mi hijo (querer) _ coleccionar los insectos.
2. T y yo (almorzar) _ en la cafeteria de Hodgson.
3. Ana no (pensar) _ hacer el proye
Goal: To use preferir in order to state your preferences in Spanish.
Task: You will crate a collage of all of the things that you prefer (and dont prefer to
do) in your free time. You may include your
Homework # 1
Write 1-2 paragraphs on any topic of your choice. Please keep in mind that you will be graded on
spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Vulgar language is not allowed.
Homework # 2
Complete a character trait chart for the princess fro
Ser or Estar
Lets review the differences between ser (to be) and estar (to be).
Ser is used.
To describe a permanent quality
To tell the time or date
To tell place of origin
To tell nationality
To show possession
Estar is used.
To describe location
PART ONE: Short Answer
1. Write Newton's First Law.
2. For each of the following questions below, compare a toy car and an 18-wheeled Mack truck.
a. Which object has more inertia on earth? Explain your answer.
PART ONE: On graph paper, plot the following points. Then answer the questions.
See last page for answer
1. Is the relationship a straight li
WORK, POWER, & ENERGY
1. A force of 20 N was used to push box 8.0 m along the floor. How much work was done?
F = 20 N
W = Fd
W = 20 (8)
2. What is the power of a winch that can do 5
Chapter 2A Acceleration- Review Question Answers
3. Instantaneous speed measures how fast something is moving at a certain moment in time.
Average speed is the total distance divided by the total time.
4. Instantaneous speed
5. Velocity i
Study Guide for Evolution and Natural Selection
1. Describe Darwins theory of evolution and natural selection.
a. Explain the difference between Lamarckian and Darwinian evolution. Give example
b. Give the 5 observations and three inferen
Problem Set 1: Normal Monohybrid Mendelian Genetics
1. In pea plants, spherical seeds (S) are dominant to dented seeds (s). In a genetic cross of two plants that are
heterozygous for the seed shape trait, what fraction of the offspring should have spheric
Synthesis of Proteins Notes
Transfer RNA (tRNA)- molecule which transfers amino acids from the
cytoplasm to ribosome.
Cytoplasm is stocked with all 20 amino acids, gained by synthesizing them
from other compounds or taking them up from surrounding s
Prokaryotes (Bacteria) Vs. Eukaryotes Notes
Contain different RNA polymerases; eukaryotes depend on transcription
Transcription is terminated differently
Slightly different ribosomes
Promoter- the region of DNA where RNA polymerase attaches and initiates
RNA Polymerase- enzyme that pries DNA strands apart and hooks
together RNA nucleotides with base pairing along DNA template
Protein Pumps Notes
Small molecules and ions are carried across membranes by proteins that act like pumps
Protein pumps change shape in order to pump the specific ions across the membrane (like
Protein pumps use a significant amount of a cells e
Problem Set 3: Sex Linked Traits
1. In a cross between a white-eyed female fruit fly and red-eyed male, what percent of the female offspring
will have white eyes? (White eyes are X-linked, recessive)
2. A female Drosophila of unknown genotype was crossed
Genes and Proteins Notes
Evidence for genes specifying proteins was first hypothesized by British physician
Archibald Garrod, who believed that genes dictate phenotypes through enzymes that
catalyze specific chemical processes within the cell