Name _ Date _ Period _
Pick which vocabulary word is the correct antonym to the following words:
1. resist - _
2. gaiety - _
3. fail to make - _
4. withheld - _
5. calm - _
Replace the u
Themes from the Novel
Nature versus Nurture:Whatdeterminesthetypeofpersonanindividualwillbecome?Isitinherent,innate
Short Story Assignment
Reflect on the short stories you have read in other classes and the ones you
have read recently by Poe. What common elements do all these narratives
share? What makes them strong pieces of writing? Your assignment is to write a
The Mark Twain House and Museum
1. What kind of issues did Mark Twains work discuss?
2. What is Mark Twains real name?
3. When did he live?
4. Name two well known novels that Mark Twain has written
What will be on the exam
Know and be able to identify the following terms:
3. Internal rhyme occur
Be able to identify where each part of The Raven
CHARACTER CHART FOR PUDDNHEAD WILSON
2. Judge York Leicester
3. David "Pudd'nhead"
Actions that support trait
Conversations by or about the character that illustrates trait
Chapters 14 & 15 Questions
1. What does the judge decide to do for Tom right before he goes to the duel?
2. Who is shot in the duel?
3. When Roxy finds out that Tom refused to participate in the duel what is her
4. What rumor does Tom start abou
Name _ Period _ Date _
1. What does Luigi do to Tom at the end of this chapter that causes Tom to be
2. Why does the Judge nearly faint when he receives word about what happened to
Tom the night before?
3. What does the j