1. A client at 22 weeks' gestation comes to the clinic complaining of earache and
decreased hearing. Otoscopic examination of the ear is normal. The nurse explains to
the client that her symptoms are pregnancy-induced as a result of what physiologic
1. A nurse is preparing a presentation for a local community group on family violence and
child abuse. Which of the following would be most appropriate for the nurse to research
when defining child abuse in legal terms?
A) The Prevent Child Abuse America
1. When examining a newborn male infant, the nurse notes that neither testicle is
descended. The nurse documents this finding as which of the following?
2. During the health history, a young male
1. A nurse is working with a client who has received a terminal diagnosis. To help the
nurse identify the client's possible coping responses, which of the following would be
most important for the nurse to understand about spirituality?
A) It varies in di
1. The nurse is planning a community assessment using the Community as a Partner
model. The nurse will prioritize which of the following when utilizing this model?
A) People of the community
B) History of the community
C) Demographics of the community
1. A nurse is performing an assessment within the legal parameters of assessment and
diagnosis. These legal guidelines would be specified in which of the following?
A) The state's Nurse Practice Act
B) The client's informed consent documents
C) The nurse'
1. The nurse is assessing a client's breasts. When assessing the area of the breast most
vulnerable to breast cancer, where should the nurse to assess?
A) Upper inner quadrant
B) Lower inner quadrant
C) Upper outer quadrant
D) Lower outer quadrant
1. To examine the Bartholin's glands of a female client, the nurse would palpate at which
A) On both sides of the clitoris
B) Just inside the urethral orifice
C) Between the vaginal opening and labia minora
D) Inside the vaginal orifice
1. A nurse is preparing to assess a client who is new to the clinic. When beginning the
collection of the client database, which of the following actions should the nurse
A) Establishing a trusting relationship
B) Determining the client's stre
1. The nurse is preparing to palpate a client's temporal artery. The nurse would place the
hands at which location?
A) On each side of the client's face, anterior and inferior to the ears
B) On each side between the top of the ear and the eye
1. Assessment of a client reveals a history of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, weight
loss, polyuria, poor skin turgor, nausea, loss of appetite, and a blood glucose level
measured by finger stick of 348 mg/dL. Which of the following nursing diagnose
1. A nurse is preparing to assess a family. The nurse best adopts the view of the family unit
as being a system by using which approach?
A) Focusing on each individual member's health problems
B) Identifying strengths and problem areas within the family s
1. A preadolescent girl comes to the clinic for a sports physical exam. The nurse notes
beginning breast development and documents which of the following?
2. When assessing adolescent girls, the nurs