1. Costumes, Items in Amandas Apartment, makeup
2. Narration, Breaking of the 4th wall by Tom, Incomplete set.
A unique convention would be the surreal lighting of the portrait or the incomplete set which
helps the audience better experience the situation
1. The characteristics of a Seneca play include a 5 act structure to jump time, elaborate
speeches which are not very dramatic, on stage violence, characters are defined by what
they say and the ideas they represent, but the plays are made up with other c
1. The illusionary theatre elements of The Glass Menagerie are the props, makeup,
costumes, the dialect, part of Amandas apartment, and all the things that are real
in the play.
2. The non-illusionary elements of the play are: when Tom comes out and break
1. What are the differences between illusionary and non-illusionary theatre?
-Illusionary is the physical reality of the play on the stage, while Non-Illusionary is when
the audience creates the scenery and reality in their own min
1. Verisimilitude means similar to truth or to truthful life. The three conditions of
verisimilitude is reality where the actions and events that happen must resemble reality
with the unities of time, place, and action. The unities are stretch
1. Among the three kinds of medieval drama are mystery plays which was the major form
of drama and generally referred to who financed it or who created it with most of them
completed by the guilds. Miracle plays dealt with Old Testament subjec
1. A Seneca play has a five act structure with each act separated by coral odes which
allows a break between each act that transcends unity of action, time and place by
allowing actors to go someplace else, to jump time by convention, while al