ADD WHATEVER YOU THINK WILL BE HELPFUL.
Quizlet for Unit 3 (thanks to Connors Study Guide!) https:/quizlet.com/_2ysj7j =
Quizlet for Unit 1https:/quizlet.com/112507286/honors-biology-flash-cards/
Biomes Quizlet https:/quizlet.com/184332304/bio-biomes-flas
Click Ctrl + Alt + A + H for unit outline
DNA can never leave the nucleus (that's why RNA is created; mRNA, tRNA)
Carbon cycle is most dependent on photosynthesis
Cellular respiration is more dependant on photosynthesis
Plants and other organisms are needed for cellular respiration (CO2)
PressCtrl + Alt + A + Hfordocumentoutline
MATTER CYCLING IN AN ECOSYSTEM
1. How do you think the humans are affecting the planet?
a. Humans are moving more carbon into the atmosphere from other parts of the Earth system.
More carbon is moving to the atmosphere when fossil f
Chemical change: how far, how fast?
Chemical change occurs when the atoms that make up one or more
substances rearrange themselves in such a way that new substances are
formed. These substances are the components of the chemical reaction
system; those com
Specificity - all molecules have a characteristic size and
Structure = Function; SHAPE DEFINES FUNCTION
Molecular shape crucial to molecule-to-molecule
Suggest that the first Eukaryotic membrane-bound
organelles were once Prokaryotes
Proposes that the mitochondria (aerobic) and chloroplasts
(anaerobic) were once prokaryotes themselves that invaded
the cytoplasm of a larger prokaryo
Endergonic & exergonic - referring to chemical energy
Metabolic pathway - series of steps, guided by enzymes
Consumption of Polymers via hydrolysis/digestion=> Monomers via breakdown of
energy => Cellular
dIlHI- Hl KII'I' CHEM IJF
' - r-m- n.- . n.
'i . W1- .
f Top Languages on the Internet
I English m in Mum nam mm mm \anvuzgali) I 2w. m mm ma umual
Preserving Lang. Diversity
1. Extinct Lang- no longer spoken by anyone for daily activities
- Ex. Lang. in Peru, Gothic
A. Hebrew: Reviving Extinct Lang.
2. Has been revised and made official Lang. of Israel
B. Celtic: Preserving Endangered Lang.
Classification of Languages
1. Indo-European Family- 50% speak it. (English)
2. Sino Tibetan Family- 20%. (Langs. Spoken by most Chinese)
3. Afro- Asiatic (Middle east)
4. Austronesian (Southeast Asia)
5. Niger-Congo (Africa)
6. Dravidian (India)
Chapter 4 Questions:
1. Who is Nick? What is his job?
2. Why is the narrator hesitant to become friends with Ofglen?
3. How do the Handmaids get food for their homes?
4. Explain why the narrator truly enjoys the small amount of power that she has.
TOTAL: _ / 18
1. Read the definition given to you
2. In the How Ill remember it column do one of the following
draw a picture,
make a connections such as synonyms or something th
Photosynthesis can be measured by using a colorimeter or spectrometer. It
calculates the absorbance or transmittance through an object. In this experiment, a
colorimeter will be used to test the absorbance of the three solutions t
Advanced Placement Biology
Directions: Selected response: Choose the one best answer for the questions below.
1) Two pink flowers (Rr), of the species Japanese four-oclock plant, mate. Assuming
incomplete dominance, the change of obtain
Lab Quiz I
1. Look again at the chromatogram you completed in the previous exercise. Which of the
following is true for your chromatogram?
The Rf for carotene can be determined by dividing the distance the yellow-orange
pigment (carotene) migrated by t
Phenylketonuria is a metabolic disorder that prevents the breakdown of the amino acid
phenylalanine. It is caused by recessive gene that is located on the 12th chromosome.
Phenylalanine will buildup in the blood and tissues if controlled by a
Enzymes are biological catalysts.
a. Relate the chemical structure of an enzyme to its specificity and catalytic activity.
b. Design a quantitative experiment to investigate the influence of pH or temperature
on the activity of an enzyme.
c. Describe what
As the world's population approaches 7 billion, 1 billion of those people continue to go hungry. It's a huge problem
around the wordfrom the deadly famine in Somalia to the dismal hunger statistics here in the United
States. Meanwhile, annual increases in