1. Describe four factors that influence ocean currents. The four factors that cause ocean
currents Planet rotation, Wind, Density of the water (depends on temperature and
salinity), and Gravitation of the moon and earth
2. Explain how the Coriolis Ef
1. What percentage of energy (from the choices in blue on the left) is
transferred from a producer to a: (A) secondary consumer, (B) tertiary
consumer, (C) quaternary consumer? The percentage of energy is
2. Look at the quote
05.01 Where Are We Going?
1. How is the Antarctic important for identifying how the Earth has changed over hundreds of
thousands of years? Ice is laid down in thin sheets, with no evaporation. Over hundreds
and thousands of years, these thin layers are so
5.03 Continuing with Currents
1. What bottle did you select? I selected the 1st bottle.
2. What are the names of the major surface currents your bottle followed?
Gulf Stream, Caribbean, north equatorial cc.
3. Based on your knowledge of ocean currents whe
Extensive root system
To absorb moisture.
being able to dig
back into the sand
after being uprooted
Leaves to keep as
Much moisture as
Sea gulls, they find fish
and clams to eat
Protects the shore from
tidal erosion and too
much current movement
Used to direct ships into a
secure harbor without
running a ground
reduce drift rates
Stabilizing updraft shore
unlimited structure life
5.09 LAB DATA TABLEHAND WITHOUT SHORTENING
5.09 LAB DATA TABLEHAND WITH SHORTENING
Which hand co
Famous Musicians and
FROM THE 16TH CENTURY
MADE BE CIARA OSBORN
Andrea Amati (c. 1520- c. 1578)
Amati was the founder of the Cremona school of violin making, he was
originally influenced by the work of slightly earlier makers from breccia.
How Can We Clean Up an Oil Spill?
Problem? Oil has be split all over the place! How do you clean up an oil spill?
If I use a spoon to scoop out the oil, then there will be less oil.
Materials & Procedure
Bowl, spoon, vegetable oil, w
1. What are some common symptoms of food poisoning? Based on those
symptoms, which dinoflagellate do you think is responsible for the
outbreak? include nausea, diarrhea, dizziness and muscular aches,
2. Explain how an HAB outbreak can have