JOHN A. FERGUSON HIGH SCHOOL READING LIST, SUMMER 2016
In an effort to maintain high academic standards, summer reading is a requirement at John A. Ferguson
Senior High. Required books are listed below for each grade and academic level. Students will be h
Classroom Policies and Procedures
Ms. J. Perez
John A. Ferguson Senior High
English II Honors
Welcome to a new and exciting year. During this school year, we will be
exploring the world of literature as well as ga
1. At the beginning of this act, John Proctor says, "It is winter in here yet." Why is this pertinent to what is
There have been a lot of problems in the house because John has been cheating and Elizabeth knows it.
2. Why has Mary Warren
1. As this act opens, what accusation does
Giles Corey make?
2. What news do we learn about Rebecca
3. What two pieces of evidence are brought
out against Proctor in regard to his Christian
4. What news does Danforth tell John Proct
Name: _ Period: _
The Crucible: Act Three Analysis
Directions: Review the play for insight to the following questions.
The way the characters speak to each other in this act is very important.
Review Rev. Parriss lines throughout the
An international non-governmental organization called Transparency
International, interviewed 114,000 people in 107 countries and found that more than half
believe corruption and bribery have gotten worse in the past couple of years
Topic: Is Bribery Ever Justified?
Thesis: Bribery is not justifiable; hence it is damaging to the economy and human
a. Citation of Henry Ridgwell
b. Definition of Bribery
Effect on Economy
1. Why has Reverend Parris sent for a doctor as the play begins?
2. What advice does the doctor send back?
3. What does Parris question his niece Abigail about?
4. What is Parris main concern?
5. What did Parris see in the woods the previous night?
Name _ Date _/_/_
AVID Teacher _ Period _
This time capsule will be returned to you
during the last week of your senior year.
In the picture outlines below, paste pictures or clip art that represents the fun times you
English Theater History
Early theater to 1737
Early theater in England was religious.
theater became a popular form of teaching
the Bible and Christianity to ordinary
people. These were called the Mystery
Small companies moved from
Chapter 6 Practice Test
Solve these linear systems graphically.
1. y 2 x 5
consistent with one solution 0,5
consistent with one solution 3, 4
y 2x 3
y 2x 2
inconsistent with no solutions
4. y 3x