MOVIE REACTION PAPER
Twelve Angry Men
The black and white, 12 Angry Men, movie made in 1957 directed by Sidney
Lument written by Reginald Rose is the all-time crime movie. Out of this comes a movie
of 12 jurors in the pursuit of justice. The jurors are to
08.03 Written Assignment
Complete the 08.03 Written Assignment.
You are looking out of your hotel room in Marseilles. Describe what you see,
using qui as you rewrite the sentences.
For example: Je vois des gens. Les gens se promnent. > Je vois des
06.04 O Faire Le Shopping? Written Assignment
Answer questions 1-6 based on the story you read in the lesson.
Quel jour est-ce qu'il fait ses courses?
O est-ce qu'il commence?
Est-ce qu'il va la bibliothque? Pourquoi, ou pourquoi pas?
There are many differences in the ways that holidays such as Christmas and Ramadan are
celebrated between France and the U.S.A. In France just like in the U.S they have Christmas dinner on
Christmas Eve. However, the meals that are experie
CLOSE READING QUESTIONS
ANALYZE STRUCTURE: REALISM AND NATURALISM
Many works of realistic fiction begin with a detailed description of the storys setting. A convincing
description of a real-world setting helps the reader enter more readily in the environm
cold and gray
dim and little-traveled trail
fat spruce timberland
no sun or hint of suns
When I read the opening paragraph, I feel that this is a place I do not want to be. These words
give me the feeling that something bad is about t
FDR and The
Hoover & the Depression
From 1929 to 1932, President
Hoover was criticized for not doing
more to end the depression
Unemployment reached 25%
U.S. banking collapsed
Hoover offered govt intervention
(relief check, job programs) but it
Study Guide WW1
List the four causes of WW1?
2. Central powers- Germany, AustriaHungary, & Italy.
3. Allies powers- England, France, and
4. Austrian Archduke Franz FerdinandI
Focus in Florida: World War 1
1. Who was the Florida Governor in 1916?
Sidney J. Catts
2. What year did Florida pass Prohibition?
3. How many Florida Americans served in the military during World
4. How many Florida African America
1. What year does the movie open up?
2. Why does Braddocks wife not like to see him fight?
- Because he sees women during the fight.
3. The movie jumps to 1933, 5 years laterWhat has
- Its 4 years during the great depression
YOU TUBE: CRASH COURSE 1920s
1. What famous quote did President
Coolidge say about business?
2. What political party dominated politics
in the 1920s?
3. What 1920s president was surrounded
by political scandal?
4. What was the new economic industry of
Asignacin 7.02 consists of two parts: you will watch a video as you complete a video
response chart, and then you will write a blog post in Spanish.
View the grading rubric at the end of this document before beginning your work. This is
Classroom Policies and Procedures
Ms. J. Perez
John A. Ferguson Senior High
English II Honors
Email: [email protected]
Welcome to a new and exciting year. During this school year, we will be
exploring the world of literature as well as ga
1. At the beginning of this act, John Proctor says, "It is winter in here yet." Why is this pertinent to what is
There have been a lot of problems in the house because John has been cheating and Elizabeth knows it.
2. Why has Mary Warren
1. As this act opens, what accusation does
Giles Corey make?
2. What news do we learn about Rebecca
3. What two pieces of evidence are brought
out against Proctor in regard to his Christian
4. What news does Danforth tell John Proct
Name: _ Period: _
The Crucible: Act Three Analysis
Directions: Review the play for insight to the following questions.
The way the characters speak to each other in this act is very important.
Review Rev. Parriss lines throughout the
An international non-governmental organization called Transparency
International, interviewed 114,000 people in 107 countries and found that more than half
believe corruption and bribery have gotten worse in the past couple of years
Topic: Is Bribery Ever Justified?
Thesis: Bribery is not justifiable; hence it is damaging to the economy and human
a. Citation of Henry Ridgwell
b. Definition of Bribery
Effect on Economy
1. Why has Reverend Parris sent for a doctor as the play begins?
2. What advice does the doctor send back?
3. What does Parris question his niece Abigail about?
4. What is Parris main concern?
5. What did Parris see in the woods the previous night?
Name _ Date _/_/_
AVID Teacher _ Period _
This time capsule will be returned to you
during the last week of your senior year.
In the picture outlines below, paste pictures or clip art that represents the fun times you
English Theater History
Early theater to 1737
Early theater in England was religious.
theater became a popular form of teaching
the Bible and Christianity to ordinary
people. These were called the Mystery
Small companies moved from
Chapter 6 Practice Test
Solve these linear systems graphically.
1. y 2 x 5
consistent with one solution 0,5
consistent with one solution 3, 4
y 2x 3
y 2x 2
inconsistent with no solutions
4. y 3x
JOHN A. FERGUSON HIGH SCHOOL READING LIST, SUMMER 2016
In an effort to maintain high academic standards, summer reading is a requirement at John A. Ferguson
Senior High. Required books are listed below for each grade and academic level. Students will be h