Fairport High School
AP Physics C
INSTRUCTOR: Christian Bieg: , [email protected]
phone: 421-2100, Fairport High School
TEXT: Fundamentals of Physics, 7th Ed.; Halliday, Resnick, & Walker
PREREQUISITES: Completion of Regents Physi
Chapter 3: Answer To Questions
1. Either the sequence d2, d1 or the sequence d2, d2, d3
2. yes, when the vectors are in the same direction
4. (a) a and b are parallel; (b) b = 0; (c) a and b are perpendicular
5. (a) yes; (b) yes; (c) n0
6. (a) , +;
1. A rabbit runs across a parking lot on which a set of coordinate axes has, strangely
enough, been drawn. The coordinates of the rabbits position as functions of time,
t, are given by
x = -0.31t2 + 7.2t + 28
y = 0.22t2 9.1t + 30
1) What is the angle between a = 3.0i 4.0 and b = 2.0i + 3.0k ?
2) In the diagram vector a lies in the xy plane,
has a magnitude of 18 units, and points in a
direction 250o from the positive direction of
the x axis. Also, vecto
1) (a) If a particles position is given by x = 4-12t +3t2 (where t is in seconds and x is in
meters), what is its velocity at t = 1s?
(b) Is it moving in the positive or negative direction of x just then?
(c) Is the speed increas
Unit 8- Chapter 15 & 16
By the end of this unit you should be able to
Define the following terms:
Insulators vs. Conductors:
Principle of Superposition:
1)Deriveanexpressionintermsof ,g,and fortheaccelerationofablockof
Introduction to Forces
Field Forces: No contact is necessary can act over space
Force of gravitational attraction (Fg) (a.k.a. Weight)- Force of attraction
*Near the surface of the earth
Fg = mg, where m is the mass of the object in kg and
W-1: Wave Motion
April 13th, 2016
Abstract: The purpose of the lab was to confirm the relationship that wavelength,
frequency of a transverse wave, and wave velocity has with one another. A harmo
Purpose: In this experiment, we were tasked with understanding the basics behind the
conservation of energy. Following newton's law that energy can neither be created nor
destroyed, we observed an object move back and forth on a frictionless track. While
Three capacitors are connected as shown below.
a) Find the equivalent capacitance of the combination.
b) Find the total charge cored by the circuit.
c) Find the charge stored and the potential difference across each capacitor.
Forcesatanglesotherthan0 o ,90 o ,180 o
AP Physics C LAB REPORT FORMAT
Lab information: Lab title, name, group members, date(s) of performing experiment
The abstract is a condensed version of the entire paper. It allows a reader to quickly understand
the purpose, methods, results an
1) A 5.0C (micro-Coulolmbs) point charge is at the origin, and a -2.0C point charge
is on the x-axis at (3,0)m, as in the diagram.
(a) Determine the net electric field strength at point P.
(b) If a -1.5C poi
1) An very small spherical object with a 6.0 nC charge is brought in contact with
another very small sperical object with a +3.6 nC charge.
a) What is the final charge on each object once they reach equilibrium.
b) How many charges are
Newtons Law of Gravitation Problems
1) A 2.0 kg block is placed between a 5.0 kg block and a 8.0 kg block that are 6.0 meters
apart. Where would the 2.0 kg block have to be placed so the net force of
gravitational attraction acting on it was zero?
Circular Motion, Centripetal Force / acceleration
1) A 1.5 kg steel ball is swung in a horizontal circle of radius 0.75 meters. A student
times ten revolutions with a stopwatch and gets a time of 8.5 seconds.
a) Determine the tangential/translationa
Kinetic Theory of Gasses
1) An ideal gas is enclosed in a constant volume container. The pressure of the system is
1.5 atm, volume is 2.5 liters and the temperature is 30oC.
a) Determine the # of moles of gas enclosed in the container.
1) A raft is constructed of wood having a density of 600 kg/m3. Its surface area is 5.7 m2
and its volume is 0.60 m3. When the raft is placed in fresh water of density 1.0 x 103
kg/m3 to what depth does the raft sink in the wate
AP Physics: Torque, Systems in Mechanical Equilibrium
1) A force of 25 N is applied perpendicularly to a wrench that is 0.15 meters long to
tighten a nut. If the force is applied at the end of the handle as shown, determine the
torque created by the
Ideal Gas Law Worksheet
1) An ideal gas is enclosed in a constant volume container at a pressure of 0.7 atm
and an initial temperature of 100oC. The pressure is then decreased to 0.512 atm
with a temperature of 0oC.
a. If the pressure is then decrea
Continuity Principle and Bernoullis Equation Practice
1) Water ( = 1000 kg/m3) is flowing through a hose of cross sectional area
3.14 x 10-4 m2 at a velocity of 10 m/s. (a) Calculate the flow rate in kilograms
per second of the flow. (b) If someone
M-1: Force Table
October 1, 2015
Theory: Galileo was the first to observe that the acceleration of an object is
independent of the weight of the object, when there is no air resistance, due to the
earths gravity. Newtons Second