Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. The use of fire may have begun about
a. 2,000,000+ years ago.
b. 700,000+ years ago.
c. 100,000 years ago.
d. 25,000 years ago.
e. 10.000 years ago.
Test #2 Rome
Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. Rome was
a. located in the valley of Attica.
b. located on the plain of Latium.
c. in legend, defended by the extreme bravery of
148. Marriage and inheritance. Alexandria, 2nd cent. A.D. (Berlin papyrus 1210. Tr. J.G. Winter. G)
The idiologus, the chief financial officer of Roman Egypt, administered the imperial account, which consisted of funds
acquired form means of than taxation
Review Questions for Chapter 3
- Chinese civilization originated between the Yellow and the Yangtze rivers, developed in
isolation (due to topography) and remained intact, undisturbed, until the early 20th century.
- Villages evolved over thousands of yea
China in Antiquity
Origins and Myths
Early Chinese Civilization
IV. Zhou Dynasty
Political and Social Stru
Chapter 5 and 6
Emergence of Rome
Neighbors and Influences
Origin of Rome Stories and Myths
Early Rome: 753 509 BC
The Civilization of the Greeks
3500 1200 BC
1200 700 BC
700 500 BC
I. Early Greece: 3200 1100 BC
Importance of geography in Greek history
Late Bronze Age Cultures
The First Civilizations
and the Rise of Empires
The First Humans
II. Agricultural Revolution
III. Emergence of Civilization
VI. New Centers of Civilizations
The Gift of the Nile
3200 - 2765:
Thinite Period; Protodynastic and early dynastic 1-2
2770 - 2200:
Old Kingdom, dynasties 3-6: King Zoser
2200 - 2050:
First Intermediate Period; dynasties 7-10.
2050 - 1652:
Middle Kingdom, dynasties 11-12: inc
CHRONOLOGY OF THE FIRST HUMANS AND THEIR CIVILIZATIONS
BC and BCE religious versus secular, otherwise no difference in usage.
BC Before Christ
BCE Before Common Era
4,000,000 - 3,000,000
1. Greek civilization was influenced by _ in the composition of independent and competitive
2. When did Ionia become settled with the Greeks? _
3. As early as 1900 BC, Indo Europeans migrated to what area? _
4. Greek colonization was due in p