New Jersey Poem
One of the many Willies I know wants me to know
there are still bits of hopelessness being made
in the certain quarters of New Jersey. Its happening
elsewhere too, obviously, this Willie would say,
but have you seen the pant
Table presented by the numerical order of the atomic numbers
1. How does a cell phone use radiation to function?
Cell phones use radiation to carry messages and calls and the radiation transmission
occurs between your phone and the cell towers and is at maximum power when a
phone call is initiated and the handshake
1. A whistle you use to call your hunting dog has a frequency of 21 kHz, but your dog is ignoring
it. You suspect the whistle may not be working, but you can't hear sounds above 20 kHz. To
test it, you ask a friend to blow the whistle and hop on his moped
Object Distance, cm
Image distance, cm
Larger than object
Larger than object
Same size as object
1. Table 1
Sine of the angle
Sine of the angle
1. Use Graphical Analysis to make a graph of the period versus the length. The shape of the graph is
different from any other you have done. Choose "Automatic Cur
Voltage calculated (Volts)
Resistance Value used 0.27 Ohms
The purpose of this experiment was to use a single resistor circuit to see how the different
1. What happened to the test charge when brought near another positive charge, and how did you
use this fact to score a goal only using positive charges? Explain for both the practice charge and
more difficult levels.
As I brought the positive cha
1. Do waves transport the energy of disturbances? Explain.
Yes, because waves respond to disturbances by radiating energy outwards from the
source of the disturbance.
2. Fill in the blank: The number of wave cycles in a given unit of time is called the wa
1. What is the unit of measure of current?
The Ampere (Amp)
2. What was the original term for the battery?
3. Who invented the incandescent light bulb?
Thomas Edison and Sir Joseph Wilson Swan
4. Who invented the fluorescent light bulb?
1. A gas occupies 0.60 m3 at a 5.0 atm. If the temperature of the gas remains the same and the
pressure decreases to 2.5 atm, what would be the new volume occupied by the gas?
P1 = 5.0 atm
V1 = 0.60 m3
P2 = 2.5 atm
V2 = ?
P1V1 = P2V2
V2 = P1V1/P2
V2 = (5.
1. The Washington Monument is 555 feet tall.
A. If 1 meter = 3.28 feet, what is the height of the Washington Monument in meters?
1 m = 3.28 f
Monument = 555 f
Height in meters = f/m
H = 555f/3.28m
H = 169.207 m
H = 169.0 m
B. A worker assigned to the rest
1. A 25 N object requires a 5.0 N to start moving over a horizontal surface. What is the coefficient
of static friction?
FN = 25 N
Ff = 5.0 N
Ff = FN
2. A 12 N cart is moving on a horizontal surface with a coefficient of
1. What are the theoretical properties of a gas at a temperature of 0 Kelvin?
Theoretically, the gas would have a volume of zero and molecular m
1. What does the Large Hadron Collider do?
It accelerates particles by sending out two beams of hadrons to hurtle around the ring
extremely fast and with high energies to collide.
2. Describe the structure of the Large Hadron Collider.
It's a 27km long, r
Range vs. Angle
Test how the angle can affect the range and determine the farthest range the object can go.
Examining the relationship between launch angles and range and understanding why that is.
1. Temperature: Put some hot water, warm water, and cold water in three bowls. Just use water
from your faucet, and please be sure that the hot water is not too hot to touch! Place a finger
in the hot water and a finger of the other hand in the cold water
Acceleration due to gravity (m/s2)
9.73 m/s2 9.80 m/s2 1.67 m/s2 1.79 m/s2 3.75 m/s2 3.73 m/s2
Average g value fo
1. Each year at a college, there is a tradition of having a hoop rolling competition. Alex rolls his 0.25
kg hoop down the course. If the hoop has a radius of 0.5 m, what is the moment of inertia of
Alexs rolling hoop?
m = 0.25 kg
r = 0.5 m
I = mr2