Public Health 180:
Ndrew Noymer (email@example.com)
Midterm Nov 8
Final Not decided.
First problem set is assigned next week and is due week 3
What is Epidemiology?
Epidemiology is the study of pattern and process of diseases.
Who, what, where, when
PH 180, Problem Set Two
An answer key will be distributed after the due date.
Collaboration with classmates on the problem sets is not prohibited; indeed, it is encouraged. Every student must submit his or her own work, of course. But working
on the probl
Epidemiology is the study of pattern and process of disease
Worldwide age-standardized death rates per 100,000
230 communicable disease (infectious diseases)
573 noncommunicable diseases (non infectious ie chronic diseases)
Problem Set Two
1. Prevalence = Number of cases in a defined population at one point in time
Number of persons in a defined population at the same point in time
Prevalence = 100 new cases per week in large school district
100,000 persons in large school d
Problem Set One
1. Incubation period and latency period are related concepts but are not equal to
each other. Define each and explain how they differ.
Incubation period refers to the health of the person. This period is the period from the
time an organis
Public Health 180
- Worldwide age-standardized death rates (per 100,000)
230: communicable diseases
573: noncommunicable diseases
- Large regional differences
- Infection is when another organism (typically microsco