1. The following are a set of classes for noiseless source codes.
1. Fixed-Length Codes: A code whose codeword length is fixed.
2. Variable-Length Codes: A code whose codeword length is not fixed.
(Will not be collected)
1. Consider a second order PLL with the loop filter
and assume that the transmitter phase receives an input
i.e., an abrupt change in the phase ( ) and frequency ( )
1. An analog signal with 4 kHz bandwidth is sampled at 1.25 times the Nyquist rate, and
each sample is quantized into one of 256 equally likely levels. The successive samples are
1. In a quaternary communication system, one of the four signals
is transmitted during the interval -,./,.0 , 01 3245 where 2 is a positive integer. All
signals are eq
(a) A pair of signals
have a common duration
product of this pair of signals is given by
are vector representations of
. Show that the inner
(b) As a followup
Open notes and book. Attempt all questions.
X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X >< x x X g
A! 5 6 7 8 q I
0 0 O Q 0 0 Q
I) T/2 T ,
Assume the signals 31(t), 32(t), and s3(t) s