ICS 53, Midterm Syllabus
Chapter 7 Linking
7.1 Compiler Drivers
- What tools does a C compiler driver invoke?
Program that invokes pre-processor, compiler, assembler, and linker.
7.2 Static Linking
- What are the two main tasks of the linker?
A translator takes all the source code, translates all lines of code to another language, then
executes the new code. An interpreter translates one statement to another language, then
executes the statement, then move on the next statement.
Signal S0 and S1 are operation select. Base on the inputs of S0 and S1, ALU
determines what function it is going to apply on inputs.
Signal M is the mode select, it determines whether is going to use logic operations
or arithmetic operations.
ICS 53, Final Syllabus
Chapter 10 System-Level I/O
10.1 Unix I/O
- What is a file?, What can a file represent?
A unix file is a sequence of m bytes, it can represented as I/O device, files, kernel
- What system calls can you perform on a file? open(), clo
CS 164 - Computational Geometry
HW 2 Solutions
January 15, 2016
1. (Problem 2.1) Let S be a set of n disjoint line segments whose upper endpoints lie on the line
y = 1 and show lower endpoints lie on the line y = 0. These segme
Solution for Homework 5 of Computational Geometry
(a) We can do some extra work when building up the range tree. That is, for each node in the binary
search tree, record the number of descendents including the node itself. This operation happens once
Midterm Exam 150 points Computational Geometry March 10, 1998
1. 30 points. Define each of the following terms (using at most 2 sentences each):
(a) polygon triangulation,
(b) convex hull,
(c) simple polygon.
2. 30 points. Describe an efficient plane-swee