-reptiles, birds, mammals
-protects against dessication
AP Bio Notes Day 2 after being back from Break
-role a particular organism might play in an ecosystem
-multitude of niches results in very specific adaptatio
Ch. 12, Sec. 3 HW
Read Ch. 12, Sec. 3
Answer the questions below.
1. What were the goals of the KKK? List various techniques they used to achieve these goals.
The KKK was out to restore white supremacy. Their method was to prevent African
Ch 14, Sec 1 HW
Read pp. 822-828
1. List four natural resources that the United States had in abundance that helped this country
make a huge and quick leap to the top of the worlds industrial heap in the late 1800s.
Oil, coal, iron, steel
Ch. 14, Sec 3 HW #1
1. Identify two ways in which Andrew Carnegie revolutionized business practices in the late
Incorporated accounting systems that enabled him to track precise costs. Second, he
Ch. 15, Sec. 3 HW
1. What are the levels, from lowest to highest, on the pyramid of power that describe the
structure of late 19th Century urban political machines?
Precinct workers and captains, ward bosses, city boss
Ch. 17, Sec. 3 HW Teddy Roosevelt and the Square Deal
1. What actions and characteristics of Teddy Roosevelt that you encounter on p.1005-1006
contributed to his reputation as the first modern president?
He was the youngest p
Ch 17, Sec 4 & 5 HW
Read pp.1025 The Bull Moose Party 1027
1. So, Republican TR retired in 1908 and Republican William H. Taft was elected the next
president. Tafts chief weakness: he was not TR. By 1912 TR wanted to be president again but
AP Biology Bikini Bottom Animalia Worksheet
Remember: Animals all contain HOX genes, all are multicellular, all are heterotrophic and consume organic matter.
Name: _Sara Roizen_ Class: _C track_ Date: _3-31-2013_
Ch 42 Quiz
Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. Turtles eat insects, worms, grubs, shellfish, fish, and some plan
Problem at Hand
Mass consumption of limited energy
Such consumption creates byproducts that are very harmful to atmosphere
Produces as much carbon dioxide as cars
Solution to Problem: #1
Glowing plant technology could produce its own energy and oxygen, im
Overview of Protein Synthesis
One gene- one enzyme hypothesis (Beadle and Tatum)
One gene- one polypeptide (protein) hypothesis
Transcription: synthesis of RNA under the direction of DNA (mRNA)
Translation: actual synthesis of a polypeptide unde
Bennett, Jonathan. "The Conscience of Huckleberry Finn." Philosophy 49 (1974): 123-34.
JSTOR. Web. 20 Apr. 2013.
This article provided a unique interpretation of the contrast between morality and
sympathy in the novel. I found it interesting
AP Biology Study Guide
Ch 18, 19, 20, 27, 26
Ch 18: Regulation of Gene expression
1) What is the relationship between CAP, cAMP and glucose? How are they related to the lac
When glucose is scarce, the high level of cAMP activates CAP,
Bio day 1
Exceptions to the rule of Mendelian genetics
1. Multiple alleles- more than 2 alleles are available for a specific trait
Ex: Blood Typing-established by surface proteins
2. Incomplete Dominance- when dominance is not fully expressed but heterozy
Bio Karyotype Worksheet
1. What is a karyotype, and how is this analysis performed?
A karyotype is an ordered display of condensed chromosomes arranged in pairs, starting with the
longest chromosomes. Defective chromosomes or abnormal numbers
O Avery, C Maceloud, M CcCarty
Based on the experiment on Griffiths result (1928): one type of pneumoccous can transform
into another (R variant cells can transform into S variant cells)
Shows the DNA is the substance that causes bacterial transformation,
Positive Gene Regulation
When glucose and lactose are present, bacteria prefer to use up the glucose. Glucose
concentration can be sensed by the presence of cAMP which accumulates when glucose is
Trp operon-negative feedback inhibition mo
Phylogenetics - Chapter 16
TEST QUESTION: Which of these includes all the others. Kingdom, phylum, or class
The tracing of evolutionary relationships (phylogenetic tree)
Linnaeus- person who develop binomial nomenclature, and headed science known as
What is first federal government attitude, and how does it change?
Shoot them if they strike, invite/recognize them and collaborate /talk it out
FDR runs for re-election
He has 3 problems
1. Supreme Court has ruled two of the major new deal programs uncon