1. What were the conclusions of Sorte & Hofmann (2005) based on the results shown in this figure?
a) Heat shock proteins confer higher thermotolerances in N. emarginata and
N. ostrina, the southern species, as compared to the other three
Write A or W to indicate in which medium air or water - each
quantity is higher:
Density of molecules W
Light availability 10 m away from a light source A
2. Multiple choice: Comparing terrestrial and
1. A gas bladder is helpful to many species of bony fishes because it helps them maintain
neutral buoyancy in the water column, allowing them to conserve energy. However, it
creates a physiological challenge, as the bladder is filled with
1. Choose the terms that correctly complete this statement: The timeline of the spring bloom varies
with latitude, with polar locations seeing _ and tropic locations experiencing _.
a. a fall bloom less often; multiple (> 3) blooms throug
Reproduction & Dispersal
Reproduction = the formation of new individuals
Dispersal = the spread of propagules (larvae, for
animals) from one location to another
Migration = directed movement between specific
1. Which phrase, below, correctly describes the processes driving surface currents? Cause effect is as in this example: eating too much bellyache.
Latitudinal differences in solar radiation high and low pressure zones ai