D103 CELL BIOLOGY
A method of studying questions involving cell cycle analysis using a FACS
This question concerns analysis of the status of cell cycle of S. pombe using a FACS and a DNA-binding
fluorescent dye. Assume that a population of
1. Which of the following is not a correct statement about actin and microtubule
a. Actin and microtubules are nucleated from a single site
b. Both actin filaments and microtubules are nucleated from smaller subunits
c. Both actin and microtubu
1. You have developed a drug that inhibits the function of the Arp2/3 complex.
Which of the following processes is most likely to be affected by this drug?
Formation of lamellipodia
Formation of the mitotic spindle
Movement of motile ci
Model Final Exam 10 Questions. Each question has equal Points.
1. Choose the incorrect statement (1 point).
A) Adenylyl cyclase and Phosphodiesterase function as a positive and negative regulator that
usually control the same pathway.
1. Which of the following concepts explains the directional movement of proteins across nuclear
The binding of RanGTP to the cargo laden importin in the nucleoplasm allows NLS containing
proteins to enter the nucleus.
The exchange of GDP to GTP in R
1. Which of the following proteins require Ca2+ for their activity?
Reason: refer to slide 25 in Lecture 5
2. Choose the statement that best describes the organization of Tight junctions in a cell.
Tight junctions are disp
Sample questions/lecture 9:
1. One of the features of the primary motor cortex is its Laminar organization meaning that
A. Neurons along the radial axis of the cortex have similar orientation preferences
B. Cortical surface consists of the areas that repr
D103 Cell Biology
Reading guide for lecture 7
MBoC Chapter 13, pages 695 730 (skip 724-740), 741-750: Vesicular transport and
Terms you should be able to explain:
Signaling table (review):
Unique features of:
proteins (TGF-b and
BMP super family)
Cytokine (peptide hormones
and growth factors)
soluble or membrane
hormones: NGF, FGF,
Lecture 12 Quiz KEY
1. Activation of which of the following would MOST directly lead to positive feedback?
Activation of Rb protein
Activation of E2F
Activation of CDK
Activation of G1 cyclin
2. Which of the following signaling events involves
Downloaded from http:/gut.bmj.com/ on January 26, 2015 - Published by group.bmj.com
Intestinal epithelial responses to enteric pathogens:
effects on the tight junction barrier, ion transport, and
J Berkes, V K Viswanathan, S D Savk
Welcome to Bio Sci
How many of these have you done
Registered for Peerceptiv?
Registered for Turnitin?
Registered your iClicker?
Registered for Piazza?
Read the syllabus?
Dr. Maribel Alvarez
4248 McGaugh H