CAUSES OF THE WAR
- Main Causes of the War: Zimmermann Note, Germanys unrestricted submarine warfare, Bolshevik Revolution
- for support of war "a war to end war & "make the world safe for democracy"
- Fourteen Points Address (1918): WWI
won election of 1952, Republican, reelected in the election of 1956.
armistice was signed, ending the Korean War
sincerity, fairness, optimism
liberal with people, conservative with economy
Operation Wetback deported a million illegal immigran
- Lincoln secession impractical
- Fort Sumter middle-of-the-road solution S. C. fired upon Fort Sumter in 1861
- Virginia, Arkansas, and Tennessee all seceded after the attack on Fort Sumter
- 11 seceded states "submissionists."
- Border States: