- Lincoln secession impractical
- Fort Sumter middle-of-the-road solution S. C. fired upon Fort Sumter in 1861
- Virginia, Arkansas, and Tennessee all seceded after the attack on Fort Sumter
- 11 seceded states "submissionists."
- Border States:
won election of 1952, Republican, reelected in the election of 1956.
armistice was signed, ending the Korean War
sincerity, fairness, optimism
liberal with people, conservative with economy
Operation Wetback deported a million illegal immigran
CAUSES OF THE WAR
- Main Causes of the War: Zimmermann Note, Germanys unrestricted submarine warfare, Bolshevik Revolution
- for support of war "a war to end war & "make the world safe for democracy"
- Fourteen Points Address (1918): WWI