Note: Do not edit this sheet. If your name does not appear in cell B6, please download a new copy of the file
from the SAM website.
New Perspectives Excel 2016 | Module 2: SAM Project 1a
The Good Breeze Hotel
FORMATTING WORKBOOK TEXT AND DATA
Quick Check ? - Tutorial 2
By: Katelynn Hoffman
Quick Check 2.1
1. Serifs are semi-structural details or small decorative flourishes on the ends of some of
the strokes that make up letters and symbols.
Sans serif does not have these details or flourishes.
Formulas and Formatting
Using functions and formulas to calculate sales data is a huge thing when it comes to accounting,
it saves a lot of time for accountants so they dont have to do all the calculating themselves. It also gives
the accountant a
Hot Drink Caf
Monday, February 06, 2017
To display sales information for the
upcoming Morning Bean sales
Quick Check 3.1 Pg 153
1) Convert the following equation into an excel formula where the radius value is stored
in cell E31 and the value of is stored in cell D12: Area = x radius^2
2) In excel, the Pl() function returns the decimal value of
Quick Check 5.1 Pg 275
1) In Excel, what is the difference between a range of data and a structured range of
a) Structured range of data is related data that is organized in columns and rows. A
range of data is any block of cells.
Quick Check 2.1 Pg 93
1) What is the difference between a serif font and sans serif font?
a. Serif fonts add extra strokes to each character to help with the reading in
passages, sans serif do not have the extra strokes.
2) What is the difference between
Quick Check 1.1 Pg 29
1) What are the two types of sheets used in a workbook?
a. Worksheets and chart sheets
2) What is the cell reference for the cell located in the second column and fifth row of a
3) What is the range reference for the
Quick Check 4.1 Pg 217
1) You want to apply for a $225,000 mortgage. The annual interest on the loan is 4.8
percent with monthly payments. You plan to repay the loan in 20 years. Write the
formula to calculate the monthly payment required to completely