1. You will be helping Galileo perform the experiment to determine if objects with
different mass fall at the same, or different, rates in the air and in a vacuum. Before
you conduct your experiment, you need to form a hypothesis. A hypothesis is a
Answers to sea otter questions:
1. The mission of the program is to study and try to save the threatened sea otters.
2. Don't touch it or try to catch itdoing so is illegal, and sea otters can bite. Keep people and pets
away from the otter. Don't wrap a s
05.03 Continuing With CurrentsActivity
1. Which bottle did you select?
- I selected the Green Bottle.
2. Refer to your plotted points on the map. What are the names of the major surface currents your
- The major surface curren
ALL ABOUT SHARKS ASSIGNMENT 7.10
IN THIS ISSUE
Between 20 and 100
million sharks die
each year due to
Why do sharks attack?
Every year there are
08.09 Activity Global Fisheries
Activity Part 1:
1. Why is the National Marine Fisheries Service an important agency? What is its role?
- The National Marine Fisheries Service is an important agency because it protects many
marine organisms besides fish.
06.07 In Search of the Giant SquidActivity
Giant squid have eight arms but use their two
long feeding tentacles to seize prey.
Measuring 59 feet (18 meters) in length and
weighed nearly a ton (900 kilograms)
What We Know About its Habit
Lesson 07.02 Exploring the Abyss
Instructions: Use the resource links in the lesson and your notes from the videos in this lesson to list
and describe FIVE organisms that LIVE IN THE ABYSS.
Name of Organism - Be specific with the
08.08 What Kind of Meat Is This? - Detecting Whale Meat Using DNA Activity
Article: I chose the BBC News Article
I could not believe this article I was in complete shock! I don't think all of these whales should be
hunted, as it can have an effect on the
Describe four factors that influence ocean currents.
1. Wind - Wind is the single biggest factor in the creation of surface currents. Strong winds moving across
an expanse of water move the surface of the water. These strong winds are not random b
Part 1: Answer the following questions (20 points)
Name and describe the components needed to make a complete circuit.
1 battery, 1 connecting wire, 1 resistor, 1 voltmeter, 1 ammeter
Compare and contrast a series and parallel circuit. Give at least one
06.05 Mollusks Activity
This class contains
about 70% of the
(Snails, Limpets, and
More commonly called