McGuire Middle School
Recommended Supply List for 2016-2017
McGuire Middle School Website:
READY, SET, GO! - Parent/Guardian must accompany student.
Pick up schedules, pictures taken for yearbook, open lunch acco
Earths Interior & Plate Tectonics Review Sheet
1. Name the layers of the Earth from the center to the surface.
2. What is the composition of the inner and outer core?
3. How is it possible for the inner core to be a solid and still
Scientific Method, Graphs & Metrics
1) Scientists did an experiment to test the durability of new plastics, comparing it to polystyrene.
The plastics were put through the following tests.
Experiment 1: Each was heated to 75 C
Experiment 2: Each was
Name _ Date _ Class
Latitude and Longitude Worksheet
1. a. Name two countries that the equator passes through.
b. Name two countries that the prime meridian passes through.
2. The terms in the first table are mixed up. Enter them properly in the second table.
Earth Systems is comprised of (5) Main areas of study:
1. Astronomy : The study of things beyond the Earths atmosphere
2. Meteorology: The study of the Earths atmosphere
3. Geology: The study of the material Earth (not the atmosphere)
1. Weight: the pull of gravity on a mass
a. W=m x g OR kg x 9.8m/s2 = Newton (N)
2. Area: length x width
a. EX: 2m x 2m= 4m2
3. Volume: length x width x height
a. EX: 2m x 2m x 2m= 8m3
b. M3 is a volume
c. (1) cm3 = (1) ml