Reagan ST 09
Aff K Toolbox
AFF K TOOLBOX 09 INDEX
Important Note: The 09 Michigan 7 Week Seniors Risk Assessment Toolbox is a very useful supplement to this file
it has many more cards defending empiricism, predictions, other truth claims.
World History B
Study Guide/Final Exam
1. What is an absolute monarchy?
2. What is divine right and how does this concept help establish absolute
3. Describe Spain under the absolute rule of Philip II.
4. Who was the Sun King
Chapter 36: Global Interdependence
1. Define _ and give examples of issues that our
world faces today.
2. What is _ and how does it affect peoples lives in the
The Impact if Science and Technology
Chapter 35: Struggles for Democracy
1. What conditions are needed in a country to facilitate a
2. Describe the development of the governments of _
as they move toward Democracy.
Democracy As a Goal
- by def
Chapter 34: Colonies Become New Nations
1. Explain the independence movements in _ and _
during the mid 1900s.
2. Explain the creation and development of the _.
After WWII, while the superpowers of the United St
Chapter 33: Restructuring the Postwar World
1. Explain the rising tensions between the _and the
United States after WWII as seen in the _.
2. Explain how the US became involved in _ and _
while following its polic
Chapter 32 Section One: Hitlers Lightning War
1) Describe Hitlers original method for reaching _
in Germany? How did this method change and eventually lead to the Holocaust?
2) Explain the _ and describe the _ of
1. Describe the changes in the world during the 1920s and 1930s including
changes in _ and the _.
2. List and explain Hitlers three main _ as
defined in his book.
Section One: Postwar Uncertainty and Ad
1. What is totalitarianism and what are its main traits?
2. In which nations did a totalitarian ruler emerge and how did it affect that
Directions: Use Chapter 30 in your book to answer the foll
Chapter 29: The Great War
1. List and explain the 4 main causes of the _.
2. Describe the short and long term effects of the Great War and the
The Stage is Set for War
A. An Uneasy Peace Grips Europe
Chapter 27: Age of Imperialism
Directions: Use Chapter 27 in your book to answer the following questions.
1. Why did the Europeans control such a small portion of Africa in the 1800s?
2. Define Imperialism3. Define Social
Chapter 25- 26 Study Guide
Section 1: The Beginnings of Industrialization
1) Describe the Agricultural Revolution in England in the 1700s. What important
improvements in agriculture came out of this revolution?
2) What were enclosures
Chapter 25: The Industrial Revolution
1. Describe the impact of the _ on
England, Europe, the United States and the rest of the world.
2. What is _and how did Marx and Engels predict a
communist state would evolve
Chapter 24: Nationalist Revolutions Sweep the West
Directions: Use chapter 24 in your book to answer the following questions.
1) Describe the colonial society of Latin America.
2) Describe the revolution in Haiti. Why did
Chapter 23 Review
Terms and Names:
1) National Assembly
2) Reign of Terror
3) Great Fear
4) Coup detat
5) Old Regime
6) Scorched Earth Policy
7) Legislative Assembly
9) Louis XVI
10) Marie Antoinette
11) Napoleon Bonapar
Chapter 23- The French Revolution and Napoleon
1. What were the causes of the _?
2. Describe the legacy of the the French Revolution and _.
Section One: The French Revolution Begins
- In the 1700s _
- The center o
Chapter 21-22 Study Guide
1) What is an absolute monarchy?
2) What is divine right and how does this concept help establish absolute
3) Describe Spain under the absolute rule of Philip II.
4) Who was the Sun Kin