4.04 Changes in the Presidential Nomination Process
1. How has the media and technology changed the way political parties operate and nominate
candidates? Give three examples to prove your theory.
The advancement of media and technology has impacted the p
Activity: How a Bill Becomes a Law
Learn more about how a bill becomes a law at Bens Guide to U.S.
Government. Use this graphic organizer to take notes as you visit the
website and learn more on how a bill becomes a law.
chief with the
Iraq. It was
resulted in the
In the fall of
4.08: Road to the White House
Focus on fundraising in the larger states
When fundraising for the presidential campaign, you want to focus your efforts on the larger states.
States like Florida, California, Texas, and New York often give the most money in
1. Who is running for mayor?
a. Higgins and Fletcher
2. What does +/- 5 mean? Discuss the concept of margin of error in detail.
a. +/- 5 is the margin of error, meaning that the reported results of the poll could vary by
5% in either direction if the poll
1. On the political map I was on the Conservative side. My personal score was 10%
and my economic score was 60%.
2. I believe that my Economic issues had a greater influence on my final result. This
is because; I picked economic answers th
Closely study any characters in the cartoon. Based on your
knowledge of local and world events, who can be identified?
I chose the cartoon called Trump pie no substance. This
picture illustrates a pie tine and the whipped cream topping
that mimics Donal
1. The ADA (American Disability Act) is a great example of Freedom vs. Equality
this is due to how even though it is giving equality to the disabled it is also
restricting the freedom of the people who are not disabled or in the position.
Free-Response Question: Explain three reasons third parties have difficulty in our
political system. Identify one third party candidate who received a significant number
of popular votes but no electoral votes. Identify one third party candidate who
5.13 Iron Triangles
Issue: Oil and Gas
Koch Industries Mainly support republicans (99% of funds went to republican
U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
United States Department of Energy.
These three are an Iron Triangle becau
1. On the political map, I had an economic score of 90% and a personal score of 90%,
which means that I am a libertarian.
2. Both my personal and economic issues had a large effect on my outcome, as I received
equal scores on both. I was no further to the
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Lyndon B. Johnson
Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton,
George W. Bush
Works Progress Admin
Weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation
No power to tax (This resulted in Congress pleading with the states to provide money
for war and to carry on the affairs of the nation)
No provision for an independent leadership position (This was a del
1. Shays Rebellion is a very good example of freedom vs. order. During the time of shays
Rebellion. The Articles of Confederation provided so much freedom that the people were
so loosely governed, and therefore able to create disorder such as during Shays
About the House of Representatives
Qualifications to be a member of the House of Representatives
About the Senate
Qualifications to be a member of the Senate
Under the Articles of Confederation, decentralization resulted in many problems. One
such problem was the inability to change the Articles of Confederation. The only way to amend it
was by getting a unanimous consent between congress, and then all state l
3.12: Data Table Free-Response Question
A) Education has a direct relationship with voting. As education level increases, so does
participation in voting. Only 46% of people with a grade school education voted in the
election, with the percentage increasi
1. Name of PAC: American Gas Association (GASPAC)
2. Goal of PAC: To promote awareness and the use of natural gas.
3. Membership: Only company executive and administrative personnel, as well as select
members from partner companies, are allowed t
5.06 Analysis of Powers Granted vs. Powers Denied
1. Whoever transports in interstate or foreign commerce a motor vehicle or aircraft, knowing the
same to have been stolen, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years,
1. The people that are running for mayor are Higgins vs Fletcher.
2. The +/- 5 means the margin or error. Margin of error simply states the
pollsters confidence in the data that they have. The margin of error tells us
the percent of certainty that th