Module 1: Text Questions
1. What are the basic elements of music?
2. What is pitch?
a. The frequency of a sound.
3. What is syncopation? What types of music use syncopation?
a. Syncopation: Placing emphasis
1.09 Lab Questions
1. Describe some of the influence of Latin music in the US in the early part of the
a. Because of the heavy flow of Caribbean immigration to New York, a lot of the
influence came from Cuba.
2. What was the significanc
1. What is popular music?
a. Any music post 1800s industrialization which appeals to the
2. What theme does pop music typically use in the lyrics? Describe one
pop song that uses this theme. Why is this theme such a popular one?
2.11 Lab Questions
1. Who sang at the Grammys in Spanish in the late 1990s? What was the reaction?
a. Ricky Martin. There was much dancing and there was a revival of latin music
popularity. This spiraled a craze with Latin pop for the next years.