2.04 Thomas Paine
1. Thomas Paine states that "the summer soldier" and "the sunshine patriot" will shrink
from the service of his country during crisis.
2. Paine believes that those who do not "shrink from service of his country", "deserves
the love and t
1. What does Eliza say that is offensive?
She curses as the horses go by
2. How do the other characters react to her comments?
Outraged and horrified
3. How does Eliza's embarrassing experience contribute to the plot and her
Eliza Her transformation was something she asked for with just the results she
wanted. She has become more proper and accepted the way she lives in wealth now.
Her appearance, dialect and attitude have changed as well as her outlook on life.
Eliza is only
Civil Rights Essay
Declared in the U.S. Constitution every American or should it be person, is
guaranteed civil rights. Civil rights did not just consist of freedom of speech and
assembly, but as well as the right to vote, the right to equal protection un
Marxist Criticism of The Giving Tree
Marxist Criticism is the literary criticism based on socialist and dialectic theory, it
dissects the economic status and motivation of characters and environments in
literary works. Marx
1. Compare AND contrast Elizas transformation to her fathers transformation.
Consider the following:
What, specifically, about each character has changed?
How did the transformation occur?
How active was each character in the transformation?
Analyzing a Speech
Message to Grassroots
November 10, 1963
The Chinese Revolution they wanted land. They threw the British out, along with
the Uncle Tom Chinese. Yeah, they did. They set a good example. When I was in
prison, I read an art
Analyze a Source for Argumentative Essay
Answer the following questions about an article you chose to represent your
argumentative essay. Please also attach a link to your article.
8 10 2016
Economics terms Chapter 1
1. Need - Something that is necessary for survival (Air, Food, or Shelter)
2. Want An item we desire but is not essential to our survival
3. Economics The study of how people seek to satisfy their needs a
Thays Martins de Paiva
Professor Jos de Paiva
Writing About Literature
08 September 2014
A sexist and selfish position in The Chaser by John Collier
The Chaser tells the story about a man, Alan Austen, who is deeply in love with
a woman, Diana. B
02.03 Assignment Instructions
Analyze the effectiveness of advertisements based on the techniques used.
Complete the chart below by conducting an Internet search to locate
advertisements. Use complete sentences for each of your responses.
Rat, Meet Human: The Brain-to-Brain Interface
by Kara Rogers, April 8, 2013
If you could control the brain of a rat with your thoughts, what would you tell it to do? Perhaps you'd to
tell it to go away. Or, if you were feeling mischievous, maybe you'd enc
Eliza can either get married, go back to how she was living or stay with Higgins and
Pickering doing what made her unhappy. The pro to marrying Freddy would be that
she has a husband, financial support and the upper-class life she became