Name W Ciass WW. Date. WW
C'H A P T E R e . ' . z ,
Cell Growth and Division W S K' L L. A C T i V ! T'Y'M"
Section 82 ' Interpreting graphs ,
The amount of DNA in a diploid cell is represented by the symbol 2c. As ajceli replicate
WATER POTENTIAL PROBLEMS
Water potential = Solute potential + Pressure potential
= s + p
The solute potential (S) = iCRT, where i is the ionization constant, C is the molar concentration, R is the pressure
constant (R = 0.0831 liter bars/mole-K), a
Name _ Block _
Mastering Biology Website Activity
Campbell Biology Ch. 12 The Cell Cycle
1. Log onto www.masteringbiology.com (Use the current class login and password)
2. Click on Explore the Study Area on the menu of options.
3. Select Cha
Last Modified 9/24/2015
Chapter 8 Reading Guide
1. Contrast catabolic and anabolic pathways.
2. Define the following terms:
a. Kinetic energy
b. Heat/thermal energy
c. Chemical energy
e. First Law of Thermodynamics
Chapter 6: A Tour of the Cell 43
Structure Your Knowledge
1. The table below lists the general functions performed by an animal cell. List the cellular structures associated
with each of these functions.
~ Associated WWW
Ch. 14 & 15 Genetics Free Response Questions
1. A new species of fly was discovered on an island in the South Pacific. Several different crosses were
performed, each using 100 females and 100 males. The phenotypes of the parents and the resulting offsprin
In this exercise, youll observe pictures of plant cells in varying phases of the cell cycle and label them accordingly.
Each phase has two corresponding pictures. Look for clues in the pictures to ensure youre on the right track. For insta