Weekly Discussion Learning Module 4
1. He is too busy pleasing everyone else he doesnt have time to think of himself
and please himself. He is lost in his own world and cannot make up for it.
3. His goal was to become empty of thirst, desire,
Ch 2 SQ Quesitons
1) Religion has come in existence through the stories of the Bible and more. The stories
have been able to lay an outline for others to follow. People, or individual souls have
been able to follow religion freely as well. Another way rel
EC LM 9
1. Summarize the basic idea(s) of Emile Durkheim.
She was a French sociologist where she wrote in a book an argument that many
societies religions was the collective expression of what people thought their society
was and that the god
EC Video 8
1. Explain what life-cycle rituals are and list several examples found the Hindu tradition;
give examples of life-cycle rituals in the Western religious tradition.
The samscaras are the vedic rights, where there are 16 key points t
1. The Islamic religion has five pillars: declaration of faith, there is not divinity of god,
prayer, fasting, giving of arms, and finally, pilgrimage, visiting Mecca at least once in a
lifetime. These are pillars because they are what the Is
1. Mary Parker takes what may be termed a liberal view of scripture; explain and
illustrate what that means.
Mary speaks about her views of the scripture and its wronging in nature, how she
disagrees with what script