Digestive system Lab
Produce a list the following on a word document, pin out and be able to visually
demonstrate your understanding of the structure and function of the following
organs and tissues.
Diaphragm is the main muscle for respiration
Blood Short Answers
Explain what if any the impact on blood transport would be for a
person that has not been exposed to sunlight for several months and
is lactose intolerant.
a. Without vitamin D you wouldnt be able to get calcium al
Surface chemical- Prevents microbial growth or kill
a. Mucus on the mucous membranes traps microorganisms until
they can be destroyed
Histamines- Amine released from mast cells, basophils, and
a. Causes smooth mus
Organs of the digestive tract
The correct order of the regions of the digestive tract
o Small Intestines
o Large Intestines
Functions performed by the digestive system
1. A child is admitted to the emergency room after the parents witness the
infant swallow a toy. Shortly after this incident the childs face appears blueish in
color, and the child begins to struggle in order to breathe. Please suggest what
1. The nervous system A. monitors internal and external
stimuli. B. transmits information in the form of action
potentials. C. interprets or assesses information. D.
maintains homeostasis. E. All of these choices are correct.
E. All of these choices are c
Know the basic functions of both male and female
o Production of Gametes
o Development and Nourishment of a new Individual
o Production of reproductive hormones
The location of the testes and epididymides in the
1. Anterior chamber- fluid-filled space inside the eye
between the iris and the cornea's innermost surface
2. Ciliary body- part of the eye that connects the iris to the
3. Cornea- transparent layer forming the front of the eye
G'ma Mary Sue
Tami's Potatoes Tam
CLRC Writing Center
Writing a Compare/Contrast Essay
As always, the instructor and the assignment sheet provide the definitive expectations and requirements for any
essay. Here is some general information about the organization for this type of essay:
1. Which of the following is a photosynthetic autotrophs?
c. pine tree
which of the following is NOT a photosynthetic autotroph?
1. What is the first law of thermodynamics and how does it apply to living cells?
2. Contrast cellular respiration to breathing?
3. Contrast ADP and ATP.
4. Which of the following is a reactant (remember reactants react to produce p
Topic 14 assignment questions from the Berkley website:
1. Can Archaea live in water that is above the boiling point?
2. What is the common name for cyanobacteria?
3. Are bacteria found in the ice of Anta
(fill in your answers after the red stars so your answers show up red)
What is pH?
pH is a measurement of how acidic or how basic a solution is. The pH scale starts at 0 and goes
up to 14. Halfway betwee
Scientific Procedures Assignment
1. Define forensic entomology.
2. A body is found with blowfly prepupae that are 12 mm long. How long has the body
been at this location?
A. 2.5 days
B. 4.5 days
C. 7 days
D. 8-12 days
E. 18-20 days
3. How might insects af
Review and apply
1. Describe an activity you did where you had to control variables. Explain
what you did to control them.
All of the M&M activities described in Investigation 1 require students to
control variables. Fo