Digestion in the stomach Mr. Herbst: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=L65QkOj6zrY
1. What is peristalsis?
Pushing of food down the esophagus
2. Describe where peristalsis occurs in the
From the throat to the anus
3. In what form does food
Lower Respiratory Tract: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3AzfM_4SLs
Time: 5:02 seconds
1. Where are the lower respiratory organs
found in the body?
2. Identify the 4 items found to be part of
the lower respiratory system.
Digestion in the Duodenum Mr. Herbst: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1_Hzd2m1iM
1. What is the duodenum?
The first part of the small intestine
2. What structure secretes bile?
3. What does the pancreas secrete?
4. What is the pH o
Overview of Digestion Mr. Herbst: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e647SrbKQs
1. What is digestion?
2. Why do we digest?
Break down of food particles into small molecules
so they can be absorbed
Because large particles cannot enter cells
3. Proteins are br
The 4 Layers of the Alimentary Canal Mr. Herbst: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPdLCwfMu8
1. What is the scientific name for your food
2. What organ is present that is NOT part of
the food tube?
3. What is the function of the pancreas?