Questions the Lender will Ask
Before you apply for a loan, you need to think about a variety of
1. Can the business repay the loan? (Is cash flow greater than debt service?)
2. Can you repay the loan if the business fails? (Is collateral suffic
The Role of Finance
Finances are needed for many aspects of
Creating a business
Running market surveys
Creating a Business
Ten steps to starting a business:
Final Exam Review
1. What is marketing?
2. What is the marketing concept?
3. What is market segmentation? Name at least 3 ways to segment a market. Describe each.
4. What is a target market?
5. What are the 4 Ps of marketing? Be famil
Functions of Marketing
What is the purpose of marketing?
It helps connect businesses to their customers
It provides a means of exchange
What is marketing?
Its a business functions involved in developing,
promoting, and distributing products
Fundamentals of Marketing
All potential customers who share the ability and
willingness to buy the product.
What are the differences between Consumer and Industrial
Consumers who purchase goods & services f
What is Business?
All the activities involved in producing and
marketing goods and services
3 Primary Functions:
Types of Businesses
Size (Large vs. Small)
Profit Orientation (Profit vs. Nonprofit)
Decision 1- Where to go to eat with my friend
1. For dinner I want to go to a sushi place. Although my friend wants to go to a pizza place. This
affects me because it deals with where my friend and I are going to eat tonight. This is a
Where Should I Save?
Directions: Use the Internet to research regular savings, CDs, and MMAs at 5 different banks. Your research should include 2 commercial banks,
2 credit unions, and 1 internet bank (like Ally or ING Direct). List those institutions her