#1BIOLOGY END OF COURSE TEST STUDY GUIDE
Content Domain 1: Cells
1. The _cell_ is the basic unit of structure and function in all
2. There are 2 main categories of cells: Prokaryotic and
BIOL 1108K Lab 7 Microscopy and Bacteria
Name SHANICE BAILEY
1. What is the eighth taxonomic level proposed
3. Say you want to look at a known specimen,
like a protist (a single-celled eu
1. Walter and Alvarez cracked a mystery that paleontologists and biologists had
not because Walter was determined. He wanted to answer a variety of
questions. With the help of his father, Alvarez, a great team was created.
Alvarez knew plenty about physic
Into the Jungle 3
1. The glimpse Bates had was when he realized the significance of mimicry as evidence for process
of natural selection.
2. Bates suggested that species would mimic another in order to keep clear from their predators. He
couldnt tell part
1. Huxley influenced Dubois with his book. He compared the first human fossils
to apes and it made Dubois want to explore it more.
2. He chose to search there because there was a recent discovery.
3. Dubois assembled evidence on the skull and thighbone th
1. Wallace chose to go to the Malay Archipelago because the animals and plants
there were unexplored and offered rich pickings for a traveler.
2. On Bali, Wallace found a weaver, woodpecker, thrush, and a starling as he did on
the other islands. When he w
ARTS 1100 Art Appreciation
FIRST STUDY GUIDE
1. What is Folk Art?
2. What does the word formal applied to art mean?
About the form
Is the focus on form?
Give an example:
Oil paintaing as oil painting describing physical form