IE 311 - Operations Research I
Solved Exercises on LP Modeling
[Problem 3 on page 64 in the 3rd edition of the textbook] Leary chemical manufactures three chemicals: A, B, and C. These
chemicals are produced via two production processes: 1
Assignment #4: Wednesday Feb. 3
1. Write one paragraph: The most interesting
machine or business I know of.
2. Next corrections and revisions of work returned
3. Task # 2 from the "9 X-word Tasks."
Assignment # 3: Jan 27 for Feb 1
1. Revise all written work up to date, as discussed in class.
2. Complete reading of Hayakawa, Preface and Chapters 1-2-3.
3. Practice oral delivery of a technical paragraph (from
Assignment # 9: Feb. 24
1. Read Chapter 5 in Hayakawa and write a summary
including two direct quotations, properly punctuated, and
with the page number in parenthesis at the end of each
2. Complete Task # 4 of the 9 X-word Tasks.
3. The most i
Assignment # 7: Feb. 17
1. Continue Revisions
2. Write a one-paragraph description of a machine if you
have not already done so.
3. Write one paragraph on your favorite technical subject.
Explain why it is important.
4. One paragraph for oral presentation
Assignment #6 Feb. 10
Read Chapter 4, Hayakawa
Write a one-paragraph summary of the chapter
Begin Task 3 of the X-word Grammar 9 Tasks sheet.
1. Go to You-tube and see if you can find some "Ted talks"
on engineering subjects, listen to them,
Assignment # 2: Jan. 25 for Jan. 27
0. READ CHAPTER 3 in Hayakawa.
1. Write a paragraph explaining how facts, inferences, and
judgments differ, giving one example of each.
Bring a typed, double-spaced copy to class and prepare it for
careful slow reading.
Assignment #1: January 20 for January 25
1. Create a Resume (Vita)and Cover Letter for yourself. Refer to
Purdue OWL or the UNH Learning Resource Center for Help. Type
2. Write a 3-5 paragraph description of your personal history,
Assignment # 10: Feb. 29
1. Continue Revisions; continue bringing both manuals to
2. Read Chapter 6 in Hayakawa and write a summary of
3. (Due March 7) Visit the Yale Peabody Museum of
Natural History in New Haven on Whitney Ave. Take
Assignment # 8: Feb. 22-Yale Art Gallery
Go to the Yale Art Gallery on Chapel St. in
downtown New Haven.
Perform three tasks:
1. Write a set of instructions on how to find the Yale Art
2. Pick out your favorite piece of art and write a full and
Assignment #5 MUGS, Feb. 8
Write a paragraph in which you define and describe
You will read this paragraph in class and also hand
in a written version.
You may include illustrations, measurements, and
aesthetic comments as well as basic sha