SYST3304/INDE6623 DECISION ANALYSIS
HOMEWORK # 1
Due Date: 8 February 2017, 1:40pm
Answer the following questions.
Please specify clearly any assumptions that you make.
List all references used.
European Journal of Commerce and Management Research (EJCMR)
Vol-2, Issue 9
Application of Attribute Quality Control Chart
(AQCC) in Brick Industry Clusters (BIC): A
Special Reference to Oluvil Brick Manufactory
International Journal of Economics &
Jarrett, Int J Econ Manag Sci 2016, 5:2
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
Journal of Quality and Reliability Engineering
Volume 2014, Article ID 458418, 4 pages
Short-Run Control Chart for Multiproducts with Multi-Items
Based on Unequal Means a
5.6) Discuss the logic underlying the use of three sigma limits on Shewhart
control charts. How will the chart respond if narrow limits are chosen? How
will it respond if wider limits are chosen?
Assignment #5 MUGS, Feb. 8
Write a paragraph in which you define and describe
You will read this paragraph in class and also hand
in a written version.
You may include illustrations, measurements, and
aesthetic comments as well as basic sha
Assignment #4: Wednesday Feb. 3
1. Write one paragraph: The most interesting
machine or business I know of.
2. Next corrections and revisions of work returned
3. Task # 2 from the "9 X-word Tasks."
Assignment # 3: Jan 27 for Feb 1
1. Revise all written work up to date, as discussed in class.
2. Complete reading of Hayakawa, Preface and Chapters 1-2-3.
3. Practice oral delivery of a technical paragraph (from
Assignment # 9: Feb. 24
1. Read Chapter 5 in Hayakawa and write a summary
including two direct quotations, properly punctuated, and
with the page number in parenthesis at the end of each
2. Complete Task # 4 of the 9 X-word Tasks.
3. The most i
Assignment # 7: Feb. 17
1. Continue Revisions
2. Write a one-paragraph description of a machine if you
have not already done so.
3. Write one paragraph on your favorite technical subject.
Explain why it is important.
4. One paragraph for oral presentation
Assignment #6 Feb. 10
Read Chapter 4, Hayakawa
Write a one-paragraph summary of the chapter
Begin Task 3 of the X-word Grammar 9 Tasks sheet.
1. Go to You-tube and see if you can find some "Ted talks"
on engineering subjects, listen to them,
Assignment # 2: Jan. 25 for Jan. 27
0. READ CHAPTER 3 in Hayakawa.
1. Write a paragraph explaining how facts, inferences, and
judgments differ, giving one example of each.
Bring a typed, double-spaced copy to class and prepare it for
careful slow reading.
Assignment #1: January 20 for January 25
1. Create a Resume (Vita)and Cover Letter for yourself. Refer to
Purdue OWL or the UNH Learning Resource Center for Help. Type
2. Write a 3-5 paragraph description of your personal history,
Assignment # 10: Feb. 29
1. Continue Revisions; continue bringing both manuals to
2. Read Chapter 6 in Hayakawa and write a summary of
3. (Due March 7) Visit the Yale Peabody Museum of
Natural History in New Haven on Whitney Ave. Take
Assignment # 8: Feb. 22-Yale Art Gallery
Go to the Yale Art Gallery on Chapel St. in
downtown New Haven.
Perform three tasks:
1. Write a set of instructions on how to find the Yale Art
2. Pick out your favorite piece of art and write a full and
IE 311 - Operations Research I
Solved Exercises on LP Modeling
[Problem 3 on page 64 in the 3rd edition of the textbook] Leary chemical manufactures three chemicals: A, B, and C. These
chemicals are produced via two production processes: 1