Discrete Distributions Worksheet #7
1. There are '#& errors randomly distributed over a "%&! page book. Find the probabilty that a
given page will have exactly # errors.
2. There are &%! errors randomly distributed over a *(! page book. Find the probabilt
Discrete Distributions Worksheet #6
1. A box contains "$ good lemons and "( bad lemons. A random grab of ) lemons is to be
made. Find the probability that we will get $ good lemons and & bad lemons.
2. A box contains 1" good lemons and 1* bad lemons. A ra
Discrete Distributions Worksheet #4
1. Flip seven fair coins. Let \ be the total number of heads. Find the distribution of \ Also,
find the mean ., variance 5 # , and standard deviation 5 for this distribution.
2. Flip nine fair coins. Let \ be the total
Central Limit Theorem Discourse #2
The Central Limit Theorem
Note: Disregard the label "Discourse #10" on the diagrams that go with this discourse. It's
a relic from a time when the discourses were numbered differently.
The Central Limit Theorem is a very
Combinatorics Discourse #4
Combinations are unordered "grabs" of objects. When we do combinations, we don't care what
order the objects are in, we only care about which objects we get. Whenever I do combinations, I
always think in the back of
Central Limit Theorem Worksheet #2
Central Limit Theorem Problems
1. The original population has mean = 13 and standard deviation 5 = 4. If a random sample of
size n = 100 is drawn from this population, find P("# B "%).
2. The original population has mean
Chapter 1: Review Guide
1)Psychology is the study of mental activity and
behavior, which are based on brain processes.
2)3 steps of critical thinking
Descriptive statistics consist of organizing and summarizing
Inferential uses methods that generalize results obtained from a
sample to the population and measure the reliability of the results
Organizing Qualitative Data
1) Frequency Distribution lists each category of data and the
number of occurrences for each category of data.
Problem Physical Therapist wants to determine types of
rehab required by her pts. To do so, she obtains a simple
VARIABLES of interest in an experiment (those measured or observed)
are called response or dependent variables. Other variables in the
experiment that affect the response and can be set or measured by the
experimenter are called predi
Descriptive statistic consists of organizing and summarizing
Inferential statistics uses methods that generalized results obtained
from a sample to the population and measure the reliability of the
In a single
Statistics science of collecting, organizing, summarizing, and analyzing
information to draw conclusions or answer questions.
Collection of information
Organization/Summarization of info
Results should be rep